QVC Create Imperial State Crown From Diamonique!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There has been a recent thread on this.

I think they should also make a repro of Damien Hirst's diamond encrusted skull, on sale for £100 million.

They had it on one of the shows on eek day. Apparently it will be auctioned on BCC day in Oct.

Imagine if Simon Wilson had designed it, he wouldn't have been able to resist putting a bull dog/corgie/frog/panda/articulated teddy/skull or waltzing couple popping out the top. Allegedly!

Imagine if Simon Wilson had designed it, he wouldn't have been able to resist putting a bull dog/corgie/frog/panda/articulated teddy/skull or waltzing couple popping out the top. Allegedly!

......and who better to wear it than the Queen Bee herself!

Just saw the Queen wearing QVC's crown > > > >

> > > during the state opening of parliament.

The commentator actually said her crown "was a replica ...." and it looked just like the QVC one to me.

don't encourage them!!! I can just see them treating us to an EEk replica in honour her Maj's "60 glorious years"

I saw HM & this was def Diamonique!!!! well it could be who would know if it was the real thing or not? How many people who have/can wear the real thing do so?If someone like me wore a large piece then all would know it is not BUT if I had REAL jewellery it would be in the safe & I would wear copies!

i don't get the point of having real jewellery and keeping it in a safe whilst wearing copies, surely you'd be as well just wearing it and enjoying it or not bother buying it in the first instance

I Agree,

Life Lesson No.21 "Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

I did cheat a bit in the way I worded my my post.

The commentator DID say the crown was a replica, but apparently of Queen Vic's crown. But then he said that Queen Vic's crown had been dismantled, and the diamonds used to make the current crown, after redesigning it.

But if it is redesigned, it is not a replica.

I Agree,

Life Lesson No.21 "Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

and wear the expensive perfume, I used to save mine for "best" and then decieded that every day was going to be the "best" I could make it so it was on with the Gucci and the Prada.

I once bought a brand-new car and immediately fitted it with mats and seat covers.

When I eventually sold it and took the covers off, it struck me that I had never sat in the "new car" seats so I may as well have had an older car.

Emilie Barnes, American author (80+books) writes about her collection of English cups and saucers displayed in a cabinet, for years, for show only. One day, a glass shelf gave way and most were destroyed. She was devastated and weeping as she cleared up the mess. She sternly said to herself, "I never even used them; who am I saving them for, the Queen? Do I think she's going to come and visit me at my house?" The next time her little grandchildren visited, she had English tea and sandwiches with them, using her BestChina. She told them 'cause they were special guests in her house. The little ones were so well-behaved, learning manners and feeling special. Through the years they always ask, for SpecialTea at nana's for their birthday treat. Emilie says her family and friends are special enough for her BestChina. I was at a seminar, (her books on organising are fabulous!), and she told that story to about 400 women, and had a great impact, judging by the nodding heads. It did in my house, for sure.

My DD bought beautiful bone china egg cups but we were too frightened to use them. They have ended up as display items and my DD is now vegan, so she will never use them for their intended purpose.

Latest posts

Back