SBC Arnica

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sparkles26

Registered Shopper
I saw someone on here say it helped with their restless legs? My fiancé suffers terribly with this and barely sleeps. Is it worth a go? I mean, if it doesn't work we've still got it handy for the children's bumps and bruises.... :s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say it's worked for anything at all if I'm honest, kids' bumps and bruises included, though I know some people swear by it.

To be honest I've always been a bit sceptical of SBC it just looks like pretty coloured goop but t'other half has tried pills from GP, herbal remedies, warm baths....everything. And he's pretty desperate. Not sure whether to go for it :s

To be honest I've always been a bit sceptical of SBC it just looks like pretty coloured goop but t'other half has tried pills from GP, herbal remedies, warm baths....everything. And he's pretty desperate. Not sure whether to go for it :s

I used to get restless legs in the days when I used to get up at 5am on a Monday and drive for 3 hours to get to my job. The rest of the week wasn't too bad as I stayed in a B&B and kept more civilised hours. I'd forgotten about it until you posted. Has he tried walking around the block to stretch his legs in the evening and then doing some gentle stretch exercises for the back. I'm wondering if it is stress related? My job was pretty stressful in those days.

Know what you mean about the gloop. I tried the main contenders in a TSV once, arnica, collagen, propolis etc. and thought they were all a total waste of money. The propolis I thought might be ok for my little girl who has patches of dry skin and eczema on her arms - she said it stung like hell so it went in the bin. I thought the pink collagen gloop was pants too. But again, some people love it all.

@Sparkles26 I've tried hot baths with epsom salts to pull out the lactic acid from the muscles; Zapain pain reliever from doctor. Try Can/Am sites for their recommendations eg: Mayo Clinic. My go-to search engine is "dogpile.com" as they access more than google. All the best!

I saw someone on here say it helped with their restless legs? My fiancé suffers terribly with this and barely sleeps. Is it worth a go? I mean, if it doesn't work we've still got it handy for the children's bumps and bruises.... :s

A T-caller today specifically mentioned that it stops her restless leg syndrome.

What I'm wondering is, if you want to use up your huge bottle of arnica gel can you chuck it in the bath so then will it be like the arnica bath soak they sell?

I'm going to speak up for the arnica gel here. I suffer from frequent bouts of tendonitis in several fingers and my wrists and arnica has been my saviour. It really helps to deaden the discomfort and soothe. I damaged my big toe and foot several years ago and, again, arnica really helps me get through the more uncomfortable days.
I also have eczema and find that the propolis really works, particularly on the little red bumps that come up before the peeling and lifting starts. Regarding the stinging, It does sting on broken skin. But it works so well that I use it on any cat scratches and wounds from the garden and it really keeps my wounds from getting red and sore.

Another vote for it from me. I get a touch of sciatica now and then from knocking discs out when a teenager. I slap it on and pain goes away. Would rather use it than painkillers, which, is not a good idea shoveling handfuls into you.

I also find it helps with joint aches and other minor aches and pains and if I've been out walking I massage it into my legs and find it helps to stop them stiffening up and it does help with fidgety legs in bed.

Thanks for all your help. :) I think I'll get a small (125ml?) arnica gel and invest in some Epsom salts too. My poor Rob hardly sleeps so I'm willing to try anything you recommend. :)

@iloveshopping It may well be stress as he also is prescribed sumatriptan for migraines.

@Sparkles26, I sympathise, my husband had restless legs temporarily when he was changing medication. I'm not sure who suffered more, him from not sleeping or me from watching him get more and more stressed. Have you investigated a connection with caffeine? We gradually cut down and then gave up caffeinated coffee, tea and chocolate and it seemed to help a lot. Good look with the Arnica too.

I wondered that about the Arnica as the ingredients must be the same and as its famously `water based` there is no reason it shouldn`t work as well as the bath soak thats if it works at all, I fell for one of the big packs for skin care ended up using it on feet and legs as it was useless on my face where I suffer from dry skin!! ...and I did find it sticky !!

Arnica does nothing for my "allotment arse" I'm sorry to say. I've only bought it once and wouldn't bother with it again. But it obviously works for some.

I'm still struggling to find out the science behind this 'miracle potion'! :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back