When will I learn?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Despite my pious postings re 'I only order when I really want/if good value ' I went a bit mad on Diamoneeeeek day!I thought ( can I hear Chuntley's voice 'You always have the 30 day MBG' etc.) Well I clicked some earrings ( on EZP) cost £3.95 to get here, they were nice but nowhere worth the price IMO.So have returned on the day they were delivered at a cost ( 2nd class) of £2.20.So quite pricey to 'have a look' & I have more to come!Am finding more & more that my expectations on screen do not match the reality?

I've always been disappointed with silver Diamonique . I've ordered quite a few rings over the years & they've always gone straight back. After the last order, about two years ago, I thought no more. Maybe it was just the ones I ordered, but the hollow bands and the crude cast look about them - just awful. I've had more luck with the Epiphany Platinum Clad range.
My favourite range is Eternal Stainless Steel, but the rings are a let down. Too thick & industrial for my taste. I've had more luck on eBay.

I know exactly where you are coming from Silver fox. I dread to think how much money I have spent of p&p and sending my impulse buys back over the years. Its not like I havn't got much jewellery already, I have loads. I have been trying to cut back on impulse buys and trying not to get caught up in the hype over a product. Its not easy and I think we all get sucked in from time to time by the selling techniques. I spent some time looking through my stash and quite honestly I have got some lovely jewellery from QVC in the past, judith ripka, michael dawkins (love his stuff), mauri Pioppo etc and when I take the time to look at it, it is much nicer than the stuff they are selling now imo. I get quite cross with myself for getting sucked in. Note to self " I must wear the jewellery I already have"

I didn't order anything on Eek Day and in the past I certainly would have done. Not really sure why as I do like a bit of Eek.

I'm not keen on the stainless steel rings either Minim. I've only got the one and wore it when doing the dishes. It got hotter and hotter. I couldn't believe it! Took ages to cool down too. Well that's it. I can't possibly wash the dishes ever again!

i bought the L'Occitane OTO.My son can't use it.I took a risk and it hasn't paid off.

I can't send it back under DSR as we have opened and used a smidge off the top of the body cream.

Label states return 2nd class postage - which when I get to the PO I find out its too heavy for 2nd class postage.

So I paid first class.I always use recorded delivery which is only a minimal charge on top really - but I ended up paying over £6.00 delivery back to QVC.

I would have come home and argueed the case with QVC that their courier shoyld have really come to pick it up - but I've tried that before with YC and QVC just won't have it.

I also returned a RN dress at a cost of about £3.60.

I stopped "trying" things at QVC because A) The Letter B)The P&P QVC charge and C) better for my bank balance!!!

Now I can add D) New post office charges.

Very very expensive to shop with QVC now.

You're right rainbowdottie it is expensive to try things out, just taking your 2 purchases alone you have spent just under £10 returning them and then there it the p&p to send it to you which was proably £7 or £8. Yikes.

I have never added up my "wasted" p&p and returns cost, I expect it comes to hundreds over the years!

Maybe the presenters should stop saying "try it, what have you got to lose, you have your mbg" - well actually QVC, we have quite alot to lose now.

yes all--- like you have pointed out the 30MBG costs a lot so be sure before you click/ phone or whatever!The presenters 'What have you got to loose etc.' A LOT!!!!! be sure before you buy!!

After spending thousands over the years, I have totally given up on qvc fashion, since discovering Isme online. Up to date fashion - and in larger sizes, variety of fabrics (not the dreaded poly/elastene), AND AND AND an order arrives the next day, AND AND AND if it needs returning then it goes back for FREE , either by courier or thru the Pick up & Collect stores. simples ! !!!

I am no longer subsidising qvc with their outrageous p & p; and how many amongst us ACTUALLY keeps an item for 30 days ? I know I never have, I know immediately whether a product works or not, and the longest I have held on for is a week - well within the 14 days that most returns are requested by. Why do we need 30 days anyway ??

no i never keep a product for 30 days.I practically know straight away TBH on opening the package.But because I do have 30 days,I now don't rush to the PO like I used to - unless its a DSR item.

That said I buy such little from QVC now - this has been my first run of buying and returning for a long time.

I like the mbg but only because you can use the product and send it back. I could do that within 14 days, so I guess the 30 days is just excessive. I do find myself ordering solely for the ability to use and send back if not happy through - I find this useful. The postage is a joke though, and the packaging that doesn't make sense. A huge box for a lipstick and a blue qvc bag for a £300 bag :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for a timely reminder of the increasing cost of postage and therefore using the money back guarantee. I can see that it could be an expensive business to send for items simply to "get them home and try them out" as so many presenters suggest. Especially as the zoom feature is no longer available on the website and I really miss it. I find that I can't see as much detail as I want from the picture nowadays. So I don't buy if in any doubt that the item is right, in the past a closer look has made me confident in ordering and I returned very little.

Oh dear --- today's delivery from my EEEEEKKKK moments on Sunday are really lovely! 604185 pearl & D earrings & 604031 ring, very nice & understated but could be a premier Tanzanite stone, although have to admit have never seen the real thing 'in the flesh'.Not returns me thinks!!!

My love affair with QVC will have to come to an end! I heard someone saying you should buy when you need to buy and not allow yourself to be persuaded that's why I didn't look at any of the dimonique day because I don't need any jewelry. I want to move house and the extra cost will mean I will have to be a bit more careful of spending for a while and I just can't afford just the odd £30, £40 and £50 here and there because it all adds up! QVC must have cost me a fortune on 'bargins' so perhaps I will just decide which products I really do like and just get them when I need them and not endless sets.

I finally succumbed on eeek day and got the Alison Y ring as it was on four easy pays. Hope I like it. I have just returned a ring from gem day and the Nour fashion jewellery silver/gold tone bracelet. They cost me £2.70 each first class to return. If I end up sending back the AY ring I will expect the "letter". I am always a sucker if something is on easy pay!!! I don't even watch QVC much any more I look at stuff on the website.

Oh dear --- today's delivery from my EEEEEKKKK moments on Sunday are really lovely! 604185 pearl & D earrings & 604031 ring, very nice & understated but could be a premier Tanzanite stone, although have to admit have never seen the real thing 'in the flesh'.Not returns me thinks!!!

Oh that ring is really lovely. Haven't seen it in the flesh but it was really eye catching on screen. I thought it might be nice stacked with other rings. Perhaps an eternity band either side? :eek:)

i got that ring too, it arrived today and i love it. nice and understated like you said. i really like the colour of the stone. i dont have any AAA tanzanite but i can understand the hype now lol

Oh that ring is really lovely. Haven't seen it in the flesh but it was really eye catching on screen. I thought it might be nice stacked with other rings. Perhaps an eternity band either side? :eek:)
i bought it to stack with eternity bands lol it looks nice with my wedding ring too and all on its lonesome. i think i may have to invest in some more bits of this colour... i wouldnt want it to feel left out

I ordered 604031 also still waiting for it to arrive though, glad it has impressed you I am excited now.

Latest posts

Back