Hilarious!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
It is hilarious to see how QVC tries to impress us to buy some of the products they sell :grin: The worst culprits are guests who are promoting shape wears, make-up and hair products.
Shape wear: they get the models to wear panties that are at least 2--3 sizes too small underneath, and push them down below on the belly, so that the flesh is squeezed out and overflowing in the BEFORE shots . And of course when the models wear their normal sized underwear in the after shots, they look fine.

The same thing with bras. Who in their right mind will wear bras that are obviously too small for them, so that you have double boobs in the front view, and flesh overflowing in the arm pit area :doh: It is so obvious that is con job.

Make up: I used to laugh when I first saw guests like, for example, Mally showing us how the eye shadows, liners, lipstick etc will not come off, by vigorously rubbing them off the back of her hand:mysmilie_15: What she and others do is to cup the hand (they are using to rub) a little so that it DOES NOT COME INTO CONTACT with the cosmetics at all :doh:

Hair Products : They ruffle the models hair and even back comb them to give the rumbled look, and of course the models do not have make-up and they are made to look glum. Hey presto, when they show us the after look, the models have fab hair, are well made up and smiling radiantly.

Although it is funny ,sometimes I get very angry, because how dare they think we are so stupid not to know these tricks!!:mad:

Have to disagree where Mally's shadow sticks are concerned. I swatched some on the back of my hand and they wouldn't come off till I used very hot water and soap.

Yep, some of the "tricks" are hilarious. Make up demos, before and after shots - it's so obvious that a piccie of the model sat there with no slap on and a face like a fiddle isn't going to look as good as when she's got a bit of colour to her face and a big beaming smile. Notice how the models are NEVER smiling in the before shots! Slimming pants...I honestly believe that they send the model out in a dress that's at least two sizes too small for her, then send her back out in the slimmin' pants and the same dress only the right size. As for those bras...some of the bras that they try to have us believe actually belong to the models!!! Do they think we fell out of a tree? They must do. I'd like to know how they acheive the "frizz look" for the hair demos....Quick dip in a chlorine bath, and quick back comb and blow dry should do it!!!

TOTALLY AGREE with you there..... the shape wear presenter I think is the worse as when the 'models' come on in their shapewear, she pulls it down and then measures the 'excess bulge' and then pulls it back up and measures again and shows a look of 'pure magic' on her face all because of the shapewear doing it's stuff!! lol.....

I really hope QVC do read these threads, just so they know they're not fooling all of us.

Have to disagree where Mally's shadow sticks are concerned. I swatched some on the back of my hand and they wouldn't come off till I used very hot water and soap.
Absolutely agree with you on these. Mally's stuff takes some shifting!

What makes me angry is the fact that the models used for the slimming wear are usually quite slim to start with as are the clothing models. When they are selling clothes in sizes XS up to XXXL then why don't they have models of all sizes and not just the smaller sizes.

Latest posts

Back