Which Yankee Candle would you give.....?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
I've had an awful day with someone being rude to me and it has made me think!
Apart from the obvious, which fictional yankee candle would you give as a gift to someone you didn't like?

Mine would be 'Wet Dog'

Aww Speckledhen I have had an awful day too, almost handed my notice in and have been crying since mid afternoon!!! I would give my boss the biggest jar candle ever in eau de rotting fish :D Hope you have a better day tomorrow x I lit my Midnight Jasmine this evening, brought a wee smile to my chops!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Burnt hair. Or dead animal (I live in rural Cornwall, where there are a lot of poor animals killed by traffic by the sides of the country roads. I feel so terribly sad for them but they really really stink). Or plain old dried vomit.

food recycling bin (full aroma).
wet paint
Veet ( the stench made me heave and had to switch to an epilator)
whiff of seweage works

I agree with Eau de Wet Dog.

Mind you there are one or two genuine Yankee Candles that are fairly iffy anyway!

Aww Speckledhen I have had an awful day too, almost handed my notice in and have been crying since mid afternoon!!! I would give my boss the biggest jar candle ever in eau de rotting fish :D Hope you have a better day tomorrow x I lit my Midnight Jasmine this evening, brought a wee smile to my chops!

Oh no, its horrible having a difficult boss - I send your best wishes straight back to you, and hope you have a wonderful new job drop in your lap and that before you leave this job you manage to get into your bosses car (by accident) and leave a small rotting fish hidden under the carpet. If it helps I have always found that awful bosses usually have horrible home lives and go to work and offload on us lovely people. If you would like to set up a business with me, we could make alternative candles to give to offensive people. :nod:

Egg sandwich

That one would really travel, I used to work with someone that had these every lunchtime we could still smell them by hometime! But I do like a nice egg sarnie, they should have 'only eat out of doors' printed on the packet.

These are brilliant and made me laugh this morning, so thank you sooooo much.

food recycling bin (full aroma).
wet paint
Veet ( the stench made me heave and had to switch to an epilator)
whiff of seweage works

Oooh Erics Mum - I would definitely buy that wet paint candle, but then you know how much I love the whole solvent department!:grin:

Sweaty body
Garlic Breath

Speckledhen thats so funny - i have to confess to liking the solvent smell too!!

commiserations to those feeling low and upset with work problems! My worst "smell memory" has to do with work - one of the lads had been on a fishing trip and when I arrived in the morning, first job was to get the kettle on (I was a Girl Friday type secretary, tea, hoovering, you name it!) - I opened the floor and reeled backwards trying not to be sick - it was full of day old pollack, brought in for the boss, my God I remember it still - so my candle would smell like that and I would present it to the neighbour who wakes us sometimes at 5am with his stupid ear-piercing little motorbike!

Thanks ladies, this is really making me smile!! Have rung in sick and am going to spend the day as an alchemist, gathering all your horrid smells and melting them together with some crayons ready to launch my and Specklehen's multi-million pound venture :p

Love this post.....Here's a list of candle fragrances to gift to the downright nasty, rude and ungrateful

Mildly rude....."Barbour coat" or "Musty cupboard"

Pretty damn rude....."Bad breath" or "Nursing home"

Off the scale....probably a mixture of all of those with bonus smattering of fish guts, curry vomit and diarrhoea...mmmm nice!

Used cat litter

Have changed my cats this morning and can honestly say, its horrid.

Thanks ladies, this is really making me smile!! Have rung in sick and am going to spend the day as an alchemist, gathering all your horrid smells and melting them together with some crayons ready to launch my and Specklehen's multi-million pound venture :p

Take care white cat friend :)

For me raisin scented, I cannot stand the smell (or taste for that matter)

Latest posts

Back