The frosty morning show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Has anyone else detected an air of 'something' between Debbie and Carmel? Debbie doesn't seem her usual bubbly self while co-presenting the Frank Usher jewellery, and she just said to Carmel "you like talking about weddings"!! Carmel replied by saying she was over the wedding. It may be me, but I am definitely picking up on something not quite right between them :wink:

I have spotted Debbie being a complete bitch to guest presenters quite a few times in a snidey, smiley 'only joking' sort of way. I don't like her and she reminds me of Dolores Umbridge, all smiles and pussycat bows but underneath is waiting to strike. If I worked at QVC she would be someone I would avoid. And even tho Caramel is not a great presenter, she seems a nice person and I wouldn't wish Dolores on her!

Shows how we all see people differently doesn't it. To me Debbie comes across really well and I d say she was one of the few presenters that doesn't get on my paps at all.

Oh really? That's interesting. She comes across as all goody goody and likeable - I can't say I have noticed anything like this before. I will be keeping a beedy eye on Ms G from now on :wonder:

Maybe it's me (must stop smelling those firelighters!!):happy:

No, just thought about it and its one of those things I notice (having had three older sisters) - never react to it, but I know when there's a barbed comment. I've been watching for years, and have only seen it a handful of times, but I think thats a part of her personality.

I'm on leave this week and next so watching more in the day as there are such slim pickings with TV. I detected that from Debbie to, and it was unkind, unnecessary and so not deserved. I quite loke Carmel, she is in my demographic and is always cheerful.she did so many hours over the bank holiday I wondered whether she actually got any sleep at all. I have to admit I usually like Debbie, but she has gone right down in my estimation. Bet she reads this forum and is trying to get the kind of praise that Ali K gets. Only Ali has some class, cant imagine her lowering herself to take a swipe at her young(er) bubbly co-presenter.

I'm on leave this week and next so watching more in the day as there are such slim pickings with TV. I detected that from Debbie to, and it was unkind, unnecessary and so not deserved. I quite loke Carmel, she is in my demographic and is always cheerful.she did so many hours over the bank holiday I wondered whether she actually got any sleep at all. I have to admit I usually like Debbie, but she has gone right down in my estimation. Bet she reads this forum and is trying to get the kind of praise that Ali K gets. Only Ali has some class, cant imagine her lowering herself to take a swipe at her young(er) bubbly co-presenter.

Oh Weathergirl, thank goodness you've noticed it too - I can go and get the firelighters out of the bin again!

I didnt see the episode this morning but i have also noticed the odd jibe but done in a subtle way. I dont often see her shows so dont really know her humour or personality so just put it down to that??

I don't mind Debbie and I think she's quite popular with some of the other presenters. Can be a load of fun apparently. The only thing that made me wonder a bit about her was when Sharon fell flat on her face a few months ago. Debbie just sat on her stool and said 'oh dear Sharon's fallen over' or somesuch. I didn't like that. Carmel seems to be settling in ok and certainly getting plenty of air time. Maybe they are competing for slots.

Or maybe Debbie is fed up with hearing about the wedding
like a lot of posters on the forum have said in the past.
It is 37 years since my wedding so I can't remember
if I bored people about it. I did my own makeup and hair though
Weathergirl.

Caramel looks like a decent girl, maybe a little timid, and can be an easy "prey" to someone like Debbie. It could also be one of the "mirror, mirror on the wall" thing. Debbie may be resenting someone else who is prettier and younger the " Miss UK" or was it "Miss GB" ?

Miss GB, she brought this up on the show, funnily enough :yawn: She said her dress was Frank Usher, and Carmel said she would love to see the dress - she seemed quite genuine. Sorry, but the more I think about it the more snidy, 'miss popular schoolgirl' Debbie came across to me.

Caramel looks like a decent girl, maybe a little timid, and can be an easy "prey" to someone like Debbie. It could also be one of the "mirror, mirror on the wall" thing. Debbie may be resenting someone else who is prettier and younger the " Miss UK" or was it "Miss GB" ?

I don't think Caramel's prettier than Debbie.

Just goes to show we all see things differently. I saw that and didn't think anything was amiss between the two of them. Debbie did make the comment about Carmel loving talking about weddings. But it didn't seem snider to me. Carmel didn't seem bothered by it either. Carmel took it in good part.

I don't think Caramel's prettier than Debbie.

Me neither. Caramel needs to do something about the awful dead yellow/beige hair. So many of these girls would look better if they just went back to the natural colour they're supposed to be and let the hair recover. It makes her look cheap and tacky. Not everyone can successfully pull off the blonde bimbo look.

I don't mind Debbie and I think she's quite popular with some of the other presenters. Can be a load of fun apparently. The only thing that made me wonder a bit about her was when Sharon fell flat on her face a few months ago. Debbie just sat on her stool and said 'oh dear Sharon's fallen over' or somesuch. I didn't like that. Carmel seems to be settling in ok and certainly getting plenty of air time. Maybe they are competing for slots.

you beat me to it - I remember it well and have never thought much of DG since then.

Just goes to show we all see things differently. I saw that and didn't think anything was amiss between the two of them. Debbie did make the comment about Carmel loving talking about weddings. But it didn't seem snider to me. Carmel didn't seem bothered by it either. Carmel took it in good part.

I agree that Carmel took it well (good on her) but the manner in which it was said was most definitely snidey. Debbie was speaking in an uncharacteristically low voice and her eyes narrowed! I don't get offended very easily, but if that was me I would have certainly taken that as a dig.

I interpreted it in the same way.

Apologies for going entirely off topic, but I love your Lawrence Krauss footnote Capirossi, it reminds me of the following which gives me great comfort for some reason.

Our story is the story of the universe. Every piece of everyone and everything you love, of everything you hate, of every thing you hold precious, was assembled in the first few minutes of the life of the Universe and transformed in the hearts of stars or created in their fiery deaths, When you die those pieces will be returned to the Universe in the endless cycle of death and rebirth. What a wonderful thing it is to be a part of that universe - and what a journey, What a majestic story!
Professor Brian Cox

Oh, me. Oh, my. It's the second quotation I like. That one I will be writing down for future reference!

Latest posts

Back