Ingenue London

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
I'm quite liking this range. I saw the 2pm show too and had a peach and white polka dot maxi dress in my shopping cart, until a thought came over me that I would look like a bridesmaid :cheeky:

I like CH, but I have to say she is annoying me in this show, repeating how she has worn this range for ages before it came to air. So what?!! Say it once by all means, but give it a rest now woman please?!

Quite expensive prices for a dress though do you think?

Wishing my frock tomorrow looks like that dress lol, l liked the look of the range too but not the price tag.

I was just going to write about this range.
One or two of them look nice, but the prices! Some of them make even the models look lumpy, so what about "normal" people like me:cheeky:. On close up can we can see the sewing stretched, so after a few wears, they may need repairing.
I saw an airing in the afternoon with Pippa, and she was going wild about this range, she was so excited, have not seen Pippa this excited since she launched the Yong Kim range.She was screaming all over the place:nod:!
And of course, Cathrine has a few of them , about 6 or seven, and she is drooling over them:dull:
There are a lot of people buying them though, QVC's "brainwashing" is working. Maybe it is working on me also, I do like one or two of them, but the prices wake me up just before I go under.
Also, I keep thinking that some of these over priced dresses will suit the younger girls.

There are quite a few dresses half price or less on Brand Alley, £40 and under. They're limited sizes though and the plain colours, not many prints. I wouldn't buy one at full price, I'd have to wear it every day to justify it!!

There are quite a few dresses half price or less on Brand Alley, £40 and under. They're limited sizes though and the plain colours, not many prints. I wouldn't buy one at full price, I'd have to wear it every day to justify it!!

I agree:happy: my outing have reduced quite a lot, and even though I go out for meals etc, they are nothing compared to what they used to be, but my brain is still in the old gear as before. I will have to stop buying too many clothes.

i think its a gorgeous range but very expensive for what looks like kim and co material.

Catherine just had to get in that she was dying for one of the maxi dresses and that the presenter was on with her on her 40th birthday next month "oh perhaps i'll be in this dress for it" hint hint hint

she also kept hinting that kate middleton wears this range... she doesn't! its the kind of style that she wears but she doesn't wear this range at all :yawn:

I did a quick google on the range when the guest mentioned other stockists - while the Duchess isnt a wearer the Queen, Helen Mirren is, as are Kate Garraway and Amelia Fox - wonder if they were freebies like designers do???

I like the patterns and styles but im not a dress wearer so its not for me and i dont like the fabric or the prices!!

they come up really small hence why the models looked lumpy. love thes dresses though oh well!

I did a quick google on the range when the guest mentioned other stockists - while the Duchess isnt a wearer the Queen, Helen Mirren is, as are Kate Garraway and Amelia Fox - wonder if they were freebies like designers do???

I like the patterns and styles but im not a dress wearer so its not for me and i dont like the fabric or the prices!!

This looks like yet ANOTHER range of printed poly/elastene, so whats new ? and I cant see our Helen wearing such a cheapo mix. Yep, bl....dy expensive for the same style of frock that is churned out by all the other q designers - Ronnie Nicole, Nina Leonard et al !.........

Ingenue London

I saw the afternoon show.I thought the dresses were very well made and some lovely colours.They were way too young looking for me. I wasn't impressed in the sizes, starting about a 33ins chest and finishing about a 40ins. Plus I would never pay £100 for a day dress...

Ingenue London

I saw the afternoon show.I thought the dresses were very well made and some lovely colours.They were way too young looking for me. I wasn't impressed in the sizes, starting about a 33ins chest and finishing about a 40ins. Plus I would never pay £100 for a day dress...

I was thinking the same about the sizes. Judging by those chest sizes I would have to buy a 16 when I normally buy a 10/12!!! However, Catherine said that she could buy a size 8 or a size 14 - this leads me to believe that they are very stretchy. Hmmm, very stretchy = very clingy in my book :wonder:

if you contact them direct they are having a sale and hardly any of it is online. best to phone through direct and look on the website for prints and styles. got the violet dress for £36+£5 postage.

got my dress this morning. she posted it yesterday and it came around 8am today. so worth the postage price for such speedy delivery. the bad is the fabric is a loose knit which i am petrified will pull and pill. this is a bit odd as its not a fine jersey which is typical of a 92% viscose 8% elastane.

now the good. beautiful drape to the fabric which is heavy so falls well. but i bit of control wear and a nice half slip will really make a difference. the cut and fit are absolutely sublime. she has put darts,seams,gathers,tucks in very odd places but it works. it would take a long time to cut and piece the fabric together. its not just a plain one piece for the back for example. it is made from 5 pieces and quite a complicated construction. anather really positive note its made in france so the quality is superb.
will treat myself to more. size wise i am a largish 16/18 and it fits perfectly.

got my dress this morning. she posted it yesterday and it came around 8am today. so worth the postage price for such speedy delivery. the bad is the fabric is a loose knit which i am petrified will pull and pill. this is a bit odd as its not a fine jersey which is typical of a 92% viscose 8% elastane.

now the good. beautiful drape to the fabric which is heavy so falls well. but i bit of control wear and a nice half slip will really make a difference. the cut and fit are absolutely sublime. she has put darts,seams,gathers,tucks in very odd places but it works. it would take a long time to cut and piece the fabric together. its not just a plain one piece for the back for example. it is made from 5 pieces and quite a complicated construction. anather really positive note its made in france so the quality is superb.
will treat myself to more. size wise i am a largish 16/18 and it fits perfectly.

Glad you are pleased with it. Yes the French still take tailoring seriously hence the tucks and darts.

What length is it? I'm almost 6ft and I like at least a 41inch length.

Glad you are pleased with it. Yes the French still take tailoring seriously hence the tucks and darts.

What length is it? I'm almost 6ft and I like at least a 41inch length.

the dress is over 47 inches long. very long and the style is called violet. catherine huntley was wearing it with the big sash which makes the waistline look sreamlined. i am 5'8 and its calf leagnth on me. the lady that works for them is very polite and proffessional. you may prefer the silkier polyester jersey but mine is a fine soft knit so warmer for winter thats why i got it in the sale.i want a tea dress next...

Latest posts

Back