3 to 5 working days

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Which is what they state for delivery.
What happens if it goes over this? Do you just have to put up with it?

Out of three small items of jewellery that were ordered last week, one arrived three days ago but two haven't turned up. Granted there has been a bank holiday in between but it's still over the 5 days if I discount all last weekend.

Which is what they state for delivery.
What happens if it goes over this? Do you just have to put up with it?

Out of three small items of jewellery that were ordered last week, one arrived three days ago but two haven't turned up. Granted there has been a bank holiday in between but it's still over the 5 days if I discount all last weekend.

I'm sure I've read that some people have phoned up and had a moan if this happens and had their p&p refunded.
Or did I dream it???? :thinking:

I did that. In fact, it never turned up so I asked for another variation of the product and suggested the pp was free. they agreed and gave it me for the special price it was on the day I first ordered

the delivery times do seem to be a bit of a helter skelter at times...I have a couple of orders in and this morning received two delivery confirmation emails, one 06.54 and one 07.04 - the 06.54 item arrived 10.25am, the other one on tracking was "order generated" with Hermes yesterday 08.15, exactly the same time as the first item, but it seems to have got no further!

Perhaps someone can advise on this one tho...do Peony Flaars get sent direct from them rather than from Q? I have it in my head that they do, and am waiting on an order placed 4/5, so eight days now and am wondering when I should ring up and start chasing it?

Why is it that Amazon and many other outlets and firms have much faster delivery than QVC?? One of the reasons I rarely buy from QVC is the combination of high P&P and slow delivery times.

the delivery times do seem to be a bit of a helter skelter at times...I have a couple of orders in and this morning received two delivery confirmation emails, one 06.54 and one 07.04 - the 06.54 item arrived 10.25am, the other one on tracking was "order generated" with Hermes yesterday 08.15, exactly the same time as the first item, but it seems to have got no further!

Perhaps someone can advise on this one tho...do Peony Flaars get sent direct from them rather than from Q? I have it in my head that they do, and am waiting on an order placed 4/5, so eight days now and am wondering when I should ring up and start chasing it?

Yep they do Carol, they don't quote the 3-5 days from them but 5-7 working days. I did have the address of the place they make them once over, La Q CS gave it to me when I was trying to sort a problem out once, can't remember where it was exactly now.

In the past if I ordered jewellery at the weekend it would arrive by Wednesday. I ordered two items of jewellery on BH Monday and they still haven't turned up today.

I ordered a DVD box set and a single DVD from Amazon the same day which were delivered on Thursday p&p free.

If QVC make us pay for a service they should at least enure their contract with the PO works. No doubt they probably have the most basic service from them but charge us top whack and pocket the difference. I find on the whole stuff that comes from delivery companies other than the PO arrives more quickly.

Last edited:
Yep they do Carol, they don't quote the 3-5 days from them but 5-7 working days. I did have the address of the place they make them once over, La Q CS gave it to me when I was trying to sort a problem out once, can't remember where it was exactly now.

Thanks Ali, I must have registered it somewhere in my brain but couldn't quite remember - I'll ring CS if it doesn't arrive on Monday then - ta muchly!

I ordered some skin wash from Mypure yesterday morning. Free P&P and it's arrived here this morning. Same service via the post office, so I get the impression that the PO hold up QVCs parcels somehow. Maybe they wait until they have a certain number before they process them. I'm not sure but something is happening to their parcels that doesn't happen to other online companies. As they charge such an extortionate amount for each item they should be sending them out on some premium service but it all comes 2nd class. QVC's P&P is higher than many other companies' "next day" service charge. Even IW do a better job!

I'm not sure RM stockpile QVC packages on a national level but I know my local sorting office, (when I was ordering a couple of items a week) would hang on to the week's parcels to deliver in one go, usually on a Saturday morning when Mr Akimbo was home! I suppose they know that holding an item for a day or two will still meet the old 5-7 working days delivery time. Mind you, being on first name terms with the sorting office is handy in that I can ring and ask them to hold any parcels while we're on holiday or to avoid Mr A or the kids intercepting their birthday or Christmas presents.

My Hermes delivery guy is also very helpful and his parcels from QVC often arrive within 2 or 3 days.

Most delays I experience originate from QVC not despatching items for days and orders languishing "in process"

Jude xx

I ordered three pieces from last clicks and was told finally date for delivery would be the 11th well two turned up and third didn't, phoned and now their sending a form now to say not received, why do they not just use courier companies like others do? my post is erratic at the best of times without waiting
for qvc's parcels (oh btw all pieces in last clicks ).

I once ordered two of the same item. One arrived about 5 days later, the other one took two weeks. It had been misrouted to the incorrect courier depot. I complained many times but the only thing I was offered was a claim form for undelivered goods (or whatever they call it).

sorry about previous post was in a rush. I wanted the ring for my daughter who's home this weekend but that's qvc for you !!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered some skin wash from Mypure yesterday morning. Free P&P and it's arrived here this morning. Same service via the post office, so I get the impression that the PO hold up QVCs parcels somehow. Maybe they wait until they have a certain number before they process them. I'm not sure but something is happening to their parcels that doesn't happen to other online companies. As they charge such an extortionate amount for each item they should be sending them out on some premium service but it all comes 2nd class. QVC's P&P is higher than many other companies' "next day" service charge. Even IW do a better job!

I don't k ow abiut RM or whiever holding up Q's larcels, I think it's probably more to do with the fact that the handling of the parcels at the Q end is shite, ie if they got the parcels packed up and out the same day like other places must be doing then they'd get to us quicker and considering what they're asking us to pay for it, their service is dire. In fact considering what they're expecting us to pay for delivery I'd expect them to put it in the back of their car and deliver it personally. Wrapped in gold leaf.

I doubt if it's all down to R M
My friend posted me a packet from Northern Ireland the same day that the Q things said they were dispatched & that arrived after two days, even having to cross the water. I live not that far from Liverpool but they seem to take forever to get here, so I think you have a point there Amn.

I always ring if an item has not turned up & ask for P&P to be refunded. They don't like it but they quote the delivery time so its between them & the courier to sort.

QVC don't guarantee delivery in 3-5 days, they state it's their aim to do so. I find it varies, most things arrive within this time but occasionally not, and often earlier orders turn up with the latest all together, very annoying and down to RM stockpiling which they seem very keen on round here!

As we all know RM's normally deliver first class within 2 days, apparently their next priority is all the contracted junk mail and lastly the second class post. but if there isn't any first class to deliver the second class waits because they have 4-5 days to deliver it and that would explain the delays as QVC's parcels are sent second class!

From QVC website

10. How long is delivery time?
For mainland UK, we aim to deliver your items 3-5 working days from the time we have authorised your credit/debit card details. However, some items do take a little longer due to their size and weight, and may take up to 30 days to be delivered.

Latest posts

Back