Even at 1p....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Im sorry SW but IMHO a brolly is a brolly whether you pay £1 or £20. The most expensive brolly I bought was from Frasers and it was £19.99, it lasted about 3 days before it was blown outside in and I was nearly carried away like Mary Poppins on a blustery day in rainy Glasgow!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005ZS5CHS/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

31t8r6svqFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

£5.99
FREE P&P
No rip off premium rate phone-charges

Simples! :hi:

£4.77 (?) for a Totes umbrella - though you had to buy 2 - doesn't seem a bad deal all things considered, though naturally that raises the suspicion that someone somewhere MUST be selling them for £4 each if Price-drop can manage that price. (Though it was an "BGT ad-break special" in an attempt to draw in the punters whilst channel-hopping, so they could be selling them at a small loss.)

Tonight though was more "Britain's Got Tat" as opposed to "Britain's Big Bargains" (or whatever they called it)...maybe they were told off for using the word "Got" a previous time when they did something similar?

One presenter had the umbrellas, and it went to £7.48, and they said it was less than they paid. So Bid would have paid £7.50 for them, so they aren't really making money on them. They seem to have so many of them, so I think they thought they were gonna make a tidy profit on them, but they then realised they weren't, so they probably just want them gone

Much as I regret having to defend this bunch of spivs and twisters ( last week they were knocking out ear-rings for £4.50 plus p&p. The very same ones were on sale in ASDA for £2.99) Tote umbrellas are blinking dear, but well made. Even adding on the p&p they were a bagain for anyone other than me. I always leave mine in a shop, library etc so buy mine in pound shops. All I can think is that were were copies of seconds.

Ps there is a very strange thing in the sky over our house. Its a sort of bright glowing disk:sun:. I seem to remember, before the rains came, that it is called 'sun'

Latest posts

Back