Cinnamon buns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
I love baking. I would bake every day if I could. However, there are 2, just 2, things I detest in the baking spectrum....pastry and dough.

Stupidly promised hubby cinnamon buns today. For some unknown reason (highly likely to be connected to my mental state at the moment!!) didn't realise they would be made of dough :what: and the first step? Rub the butter into the flour - which is the precise thing I hate about making pastry :banghead:

Hubby thinks it's hilarious and therefore is insisting I fulfil my promise. Am not a happy bunny. Have demanded a red kitchen aid for my 40th to make my life easier, and his a bit quieter!

Any tips before I begrudgingly slope off to the kitchen?! :(

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I use my bread maker to make cinnamon bun dough. Fling in stuff, take out perfect dough, assemble bake and next stop heaven on earth.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that!! :rolleyes: I have to admit, I couldn't be bothered in the end and instead he has a cinnamon nutella cake :eek:

Will definitely try with the bread maker though. Sounds so.simple! Thanks for that :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I love love love anythng made with cinnamon, I am glad I don't have a bread maker so I won't be tempted to make sin-amon (LOL) buns, I order one from Waitrose in my home delivery when I order one and try to limit myself to one a week, if not I would be even bigger than I am!!!! I do think Starbucks are the best as they have a slightly orange scented frosting/icing, which is yummy in the extreme! I even put cinnamon in savoury things like my meat sauce base for spag bol and chilli!

I do the same Mediastar! In fact, we made a huge vat of chilli last night (minced beef, chorizo and bacon, mmm!) and it had 2 tablespoons of cinnamon in it! The best buns I have tasted are from the Pausa cafe in Dunelm. I will keep an eye out in Starbucks next time I am in though, like the sound of that! It also goes on cereal and cappuccino here and I put loads in my home-made flapjacks - yumm!! Excellent for the metabolism too :wink:

I hate sweet cereal so cinnamon rocks! I used love yoghurt with cereal but sadly it doesn't love me so it's rice milk.

I converted US recipe from cups into grams and I find it good, plenty of room for tweaking the icing with orange MS. I only make a half batch at a time. They're not puffed up shop crap, they have some nutritional value so I don't see the harm in moderation.
http://faithfulprovisions.com/2010/03/04/bread-machine-cinnamon-rolls/

Oh wow Vampyre....wow!!! :mysmilie_505: They look amazing!! I am definitely doing those next weekend now, you have inspired me!! Thank you so much for sharing.

What is Canola oil - do you substitute it? Also, I have packets of yeast - will they do? Oooh, am so excited now, especially as I can smell my cinnamon nutella cake wafting through the house too :mysmilie_866:

Butter or nowt in this house. Life is short and so am I so I don't deprive myself of anything. I suppose sunflower oil would be my second choice as canola/rapeseed is something I won't use.

I either use olive oil or rice bran oil, makes smashing roasties, almost as good as goose fat!

I either use olive oil or rice bran oil, makes smashing roasties, almost as good as goose fat!

Eh perhaps not putting goose fat or a substitute in a thread about cinnamon swirls MS, you're getting over excited, I assume you're hungry? I'd stay with something light in texture or you'll end up with something more focaccia or ciabatta both of which my bread maker bestows upon me much to my joy.

Can we add dried fruit to the recipe, do you think? That will increase the nutritional value a little I love dried fruit!

I feel nauseous at the mention of dried fruit or candied peel but I can't see why not. Also an excuse to do a few batches to perfect your recipe.

Last edited:
Eh perhaps not putting goose fat or a substitute in a thread about cinnamon swirls MS, you're getting over excited, I assume you're hungry? I'd stay with something light in texture or you'll end up with something more focaccia or ciabatta both of which my bread maker bestows upon me much to my joy.

I feel nauseous at the mention of dried fruit or candied peel but I can't see why not. Also an excuse to do a few batches to perfect your recipe.

I was indeed hungry! You were right as you so frequently are! However ricebran oil is a brilliant light textured and light flavoured oil which is supposed to be helpful in reducing cholesterol, it also has a very high smoke point. I still love cinnamon!

Oh wow!!!! That would go down a treat at the moment, lol. I love Adam, he's so cute!!

Ok, forum competition - who's got the best buns?!!! ;) haha!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok girls, well I only went and did it!!! The dough (in the machine) was nice and easy. The rolling into a rectangle not so easy! We made pizza's last night too that we intended to be rectanglular in shape. I can best describe them as 'splodge' like!! The filling was easy peasy. I surprised myself at how easy it was to roll into a swiss roll like thing, and the icing was also a piece of cake! :tongue: I pinched bits from various recipes I found, I must write it down actually while I think of it. Served warm with Madagascan vanilla ice cream....arrrr, heaven in a dish!!

20120520_213734 (Large).jpg20120520_201811 (Large).jpg20120520_202006 (Large).jpg20120520_202419 (Large).jpg20120520_213230 (Large).jpg

Latest posts

Back