northern nights TSV tues 15 may

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
anyone know....

I'm in the market for some new bedding......

lots of the shows state bath to bed though......does this mean towels :wonder:

I tried one on 4 easy pays 4 months ago- remembered as the last payment has just gone. It was only 1 bath towel so I thought a good "try me". We have white fluffy towels all the time, got some lovely ones as a wedding gift that have lasted years and years, would describe those as hotel quality. I would say that the Northern Nights towel compares favourably in terms of softness, fluffiness and the feeling of luxury, but as for whether they have the same durability remains to be seen.

It went well and I followed your tips with the eyeliner and used the Smashbox but taupe not grey. Got loads of compliments, one (drunk) guy said I looked 10 years younger than I actually am and his words were completely unsolicited, despite the booze. No hangover here just sore calf muscles (sp) after "jump around" was playing and I regressed back to student days! A huge cyber hug and a thank you!

Bless your heart - sounds brilliant and I would have been 'jumping around' with you - albeit with my shoes off!! (sorry all for going off topic, just had to know how it all went!).

I bought 2 of the bath sheets in duck egg blue a couple of months ago. They are wonderful, really lofty and soft and BIG. Great colour. They have washed well too, so would recommend them. I hope they have got some of the micro cotton towels in stock as I would like some hand towels in the duck egg but do NOT want to buy a set with face cloths and bath towels so really hoping the bring out maybe a set of 2 hand towels, that would be nice.

What is the advantage of the micro cotton? Do they dry quickly?

I have a microfleece cloth that I use on my face but I wouldn't like to dry myself with it as it sort of drags on my skin. Is micro cotton the same thing?

the nn micro cotton towels are very thick my mum has some. sizing a bit odd but you get used to it.

I bought 2 of the bath sheets in duck egg blue a couple of months ago. They are wonderful, really lofty and soft and BIG. Great colour. They have washed well too, so would recommend them. I hope they have got some of the micro cotton towels in stock as I would like some hand towels in the duck egg but do NOT want to buy a set with face cloths and bath towels so really hoping the bring out maybe a set of 2 hand towels, that would be nice.

sadly from my searches i cant see any hand towels just on there own

the nn micro cotton towels are very thick my mum has some. sizing a bit odd but you get used to it.

Do they dry quicker than normal cotton? It takes so long to dry cotton towels in the winter.

I'll answer my own question LOL. Just found this link: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^833211,navlist^831395*833211*833210*833169*,cm_scid^dtlr

where it says that it does dry quicker and here is the rest of the spiel for anyone (other than me) who doesn't know about the micro cotton:

What is MicroCotton?

MicroCotton towels are made with 100% pure cotton. During the manufacturing process, each individual loop is made with 120 fibres as opposed to 30 or 40 in a normal towel. The loops are open or 'blossomed' which allows the towels to capture more water than their regular, twisted-loop counterparts. The final result offers a lightweight, plush and luxuriously soft towel.

How to keep towels looking and feeling great
These machine washable towels are very easy to care for – just pop in the machine and go! But a common question everyone asks is how to keep towels looking and feeling their best wash after wash. So here are some handy pointers:

• Lock in the softness by using a third less detergent
• Rinse twice if this option is available on your machine
• Retain the fluffiness by tumble-drying on a lower heat
• Skip the fabric softeners and drier sheets - these can make towels less absorbent

Last edited:
Thanks for your sleuthing SCW! Cant access it at the moment but might stay up and watch tonight and might be tempted if they do the duck egg blue colour which I think they will as the matching items you've also found are in that colour.

Any idea what the six piece set will be? Am interested in hand and bath towels but not face flannels!

up on web now

Set of six Pima cotton towels from Northern Nights. Contains two face cloths, two hand towels and two bath towels made from luxurious and super-soft Pima cotton that's both durable and exceptionally smooth. Add a touch of boutique hotel chic to your bathroom with these quality towels.

Experience long-lasting comfort - the smooth silk-like fibres get softer with each wash meaning they are perfect for every day use.

100% Pima cotton; 600gsm

Machine washable at 40C

Luxuriously comfortable

Tumble dry low

Contains:

2 x face cloths: 33cm x 33cm (12.9" x 12.9")

2 x hand towels: 40cm x 76cm (15.6" x 29.6")

2 x bath towels: 76cm x 137cm (29.6" x 53.4")

Colour options:

Ivory

Stone

Damson

Duck Egg

What is Pima cotton?

Pima cotton, also called extra long staple is considered to be one of the superior blends of cotton and is extremely durable and absorbent. The silk-like yarn is smooth and has a long-lasting lifespan.

What is gsm?
The gsm content means grams per square metre and indicates the weight of the towel; the higher the content the better the value. Most value-priced towels start at 350gsm.

How to keep towels looking and feeling great
These machine washable towels are very easy to care for – just pop in the machine and go! But a common question everyone asks is how to keep towels looking and feeling their best wash after wash. So here are some handy pointers:

• Lock in the softness by using a third less detergent
• Rinse twice if available on your machine
• Retain fluffiness by tumble-drying on a lower heat
• Skip fabric softeners and drier sheets - these can make towels less absorbent

All measurements are approximate

Latest posts

Back