Ironing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkearplugs

Guest Shopper
The lady demonstrating the Prosteam TSV has just said its excellent for busy Mums who dash around and often work and are tired when it comes to do the ironing and with this, they can sit down in comfort and do it !

This is sexist ! :22:

How about busy Mums going to have a nice Elemis milk bath and give the busy dads their turn to do the ironing after their busy day ? :32:

Also, I have one of these and they are great but I would never in a million years iron tea towels or bed linen , let alone socks and underwear !
This to me is crazy !
I take my bedlinen out of the drier or off the line and fold it up over a rack to air or pop it into the airing cupboard. Why on earth would anyone iron bed linen or socks ?
My mother and grandmother ironed absolutely everything and I just can`t see the point in it ! The British, are suckers for this and having lived in other countries, I have never seen other people who iron socks and some women think im utterly insane and quite disgraceful for not ironing my sheets. I personally have better things to do than this :43::43::43:

My mother always ironed everything including towels, knickers and socks. rolleye

Bonkers totally bonkers :22:

Whats an iron??

Oh I remember, its that thing I use for my kids Hamma beads.

My Mother actually ironed dish cloths and nylon underskirts, vests, y-fronts everything !
I Iron school shirts and that`s it ! Nothing else at all unless im going to a posh do and the kids live in Jeans and casual clothes so just Iron what they want whenever.
My family think im a disgrace :31:
I think they are nutcases for ironing everything :22:

My mother irons everything religiously, I only iron shirts, trousers and tops.

The day I iron knickers, socks or duvet covers shoot me in the head.

I actually iron my bed linen and for a very good reason: it fits in my drawers better!

BTW, my mother has one of those iron press thingies. Once you start, you just want to iron anything and everything. Though she does draw the line at underwear.

I've often thought about getting an iron press like todays TSV.....the only thing that puts me off is the thought that you need to spend a bit of time arranging the piece of clothing on the press before you press each time (which defeats the object!) .....doesn't it work out as slow as traditional ironing......can someone put me straight please??

I agree pinkearplugs i only iron school gear on a sunday and my work gear everyday only a blouse loli just put it away i ron when i want it ,
i would rather stick pins in my eye's than iron sock's,bed linn and underwear lol

Apparently it's not very enviromently friendly to iron. Be green - go creased.

This gets my prize for post of the year clappingclappingclapping

oh yes, an excuse to do less ironing.......

THANK YOU

That is brilliant !
Flo, that should be copyright as its fab and i may do a craft wall hanging that says that if you dont mind me plagiarising it :32::32::32:

The lady demonstrating the Prosteam TSV has just said its excellent for busy Mums who dash around and often work and are tired when it comes to do the ironing and with this, they can sit down in comfort and do it !

This is sexist ! :22:

How about busy Mums going to have a nice Elemis milk bath and give the busy dads their turn to do the ironing after their busy day ? :32:

Also, I have one of these and they are great but I would never in a million years iron tea towels or bed linen , let alone socks and underwear !
This to me is crazy !
I take my bedlinen out of the drier or off the line and fold it up over a rack to air or pop it into the airing cupboard. Why on earth would anyone iron bed linen or socks ?
My mother and grandmother ironed absolutely everything and I just can`t see the point in it ! The British, are suckers for this and having lived in other countries, I have never seen other people who iron socks and some women think im utterly insane and quite disgraceful for not ironing my sheets. I personally have better things to do than this :43::43::43:

Like write long posts regarding......ironing? :rolleyes:

I've often thought about getting an iron press like todays TSV.....the only thing that puts me off is the thought that you need to spend a bit of time arranging the piece of clothing on the press before you press each time (which defeats the object!) .....doesn't it work out as slow as traditional ironing......can someone put me straight please??

No it doesnt take longer - you learn how to fold the washing when you get it off the line so that you can pick it out of the basket and put it straight on to the press plate the it is a quick down with the handle and then hey presto (pardon the pun) it is done.

I am on my third press now having had them for years - love, love, love them and could not live without it. When the last one died I had to buy another immediately - could not imagine getting the iron out, how hard work is that.

Also I am that sad git that irons everything - but that is because it is so easy with the press - including underwear, towells and sheets - do not iron socks though. It is quite theraputic as I do it sitting on the sofa watching the telly - I tell the family that as i am ironing I get to choose what to watch - it is the only time I get the choice.

I agree pinkearplugs i only iron school gear on a sunday and my work gear everyday only a blouse loli just put it away i ron when i want it ,
i would rather stick pins in my eye's than iron sock's,bed linn and underwear lol

I'm the same don't iron until I need it to wear. Towels, bedlinen and the like don't know what an iron is, for that matter neither does my son.

No it doesnt take longer - you learn how to fold the washing when you get it off the line so that you can pick it out of the basket and put it straight on to the press plate the it is a quick down with the handle and then hey presto (pardon the pun) it is done.

I am on my third press now having had them for years - love, love, love them and could not live without it. When the last one died I had to buy another immediately - could not imagine getting the iron out, how hard work is that.

Also I am that sad git that irons everything - but that is because it is so easy with the press - including underwear, towells and sheets - do not iron socks though. It is quite theraputic as I do it sitting on the sofa watching the telly - I tell the family that as i am ironing I get to choose what to watch - it is the only time I get the choice.

Thanks Rosey....may consider it now (but where on earth dya store it?!?)

I don't rate these presses at all, I so wanted to love it when I got the last TSV but I hated it. Just couldn't get used to all the rearranging and relearning, it took me far longer than traditional ironing. It went back and I will never try one again, I'm happier with my traditional iron and would have jumped at the chance if it had been a steam generator TSV.

I throe away my iron when my husband left me for a blond flusey 10 years ago and can count on one hand the times I have had to borrow one, usually when making curtains to iron the hems.
And to think that I am doing my bit for the planet as well.:1:

Latest posts

Back