Darls help!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beading Belle

Registered Shopper
Our lovely Darls made some fab earrings from the this

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=QE209

She very kindly send me a pair too and now I have a matching set. thank you Darls.

I got this as a present but they are far too small and very delicate

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=NA244

Would have returned them but at £7 I though I might make them into a pendant and that is where I need your help - How?

This is what I have in mind. Can you buy a silver bail or how can I twist the shepherds hook?

xx

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but there are loads of crafty/jewellery making places online & I've been surprised at the findings you can buy.
I have also found that some of my local shops have a surprising amount of stuff too which is helpful when I don't know what size to buy

I tend to browse these http://www.beadworks.co.uk/UK/index.aspx when I'm unsure of what's available, but I haven't ordered from them

Last edited:
BH can you remove the shepherds crook of the bottom one and open the bolt ring? if so then slip it through the bottom point of the top earring. If you know someone who could solder them closed for you it'd be safer, its a five minute job, maybe a local market with a jewellery/watch stall?

Then a bolt ring through the little ring at the top (that looks too small to get a bail through but I may well be wrong) and a bail through that would work fine, i'm looking forward to seeing this BH, don't rush it and I bet you enjoy tinkering with it and will be very proud to wear it.

Last edited:
ooh - can darls sell me a pair - will go well with madams pearl necklace (the one with the spiral bit)
thanks in advance.

ooh - can darls sell me a pair - will go well with madams pearl necklace (the one with the spiral bit)
thanks in advance.

ooer im right behind you ,my necklace is lonely need earrings toooo lol

sweetypies, I dont have any left but if one of you can snaffle a bracelet cheap (and halve the cost) you get 4 pairs from one bracelet (but be aware, theres quite a bit of wasted silver) but I sent mine to a silversmith friend, we can get some silver leverbacks from ebay and i'll make them for you no problem although its quite easy to diy, just a pair of sharp scissors lol, but we need a bracelet first and leverbacks lol

They're very simple mind you

DSCF5681-1.jpg

BH can you remove the shepherds crook of the bottom one and open the bolt ring? if so then slip it through the bottom point of the top earring. If you know someone who could solder them closed for you it'd be safer, its a five minute job, maybe a local market with a jewellery/watch stall?

Then a bolt ring through the little ring at the top (that looks too small to get a bail through but I may well be wrong) and a bail through that would work fine, i'm looking forward to seeing this BH, don't rush it and I bet you enjoy tinkering with it and will be very proud to wear it.

Thanks Darls xx

can't believe you think those topaz earrings are too small and delicate! I have them in smokey quartz and blue topaz and they're the biggest earrings I've got lol.

Sammi its my hair!!! Earrings need to be big. These get lost in my ears.

Darls!! You are so clever, I don't think I could do that.

I would love a pair of those earrings too. If any one wants to share a bracelet with me and do that, I'd be really happy to. You can let me know. If we can get darls to help that is lol

Darls!! You are so clever, I don't think I could do that.

I would love a pair of those earrings too. If any one wants to share a bracelet with me and do that, I'd be really happy to. You can let me know. If we can get darls to help that is lol

yes no problem :1:

Latest posts

Back