Which Top Coat/Quick Dry is Best?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nikkidolphinangel

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me find a great top coat and/or quick dry top coat.

Whatever brand and nail varnish colour i wear, they all peel and chip so i dont know if anything will help. For some reason the opi varnishes take ages to dry, about an hour which is way too long for me to sit and wait!:11:

I have tried Leighton Denny top coat and that didint work. The opi start to finish hasnt made any difference and neither has a cheap rimmel one.

Lots of people recommend Seche Vite - is it worth the money?

Also Sally Hansen kwik dry?

I'm tempted to get the new opi while stock last kit as it has the mini's chip skip and rapid dry (i love the new colours too!) Are these any good?:33:

Thanks very much for your help!
Nicole

I used to use Seche Vite and thought it was fab but then I tried the Nails Inc Caviar Top coat which dries in 45 secs and it is so much better than Seche Vite, won't use any other top coat now.

I used to use Seche Vite and thought it was fab but then I tried the Nails Inc Caviar Top coat which dries in 45 secs and it is so much better than Seche Vite, won't use any other top coat now.

I've just watched the video on QVC and Helen said it only works with nails inc vanishes but i use opi and others. Will i still work?

I use it on lots of different brands and it works on them all. :clap:

Thats great! I'm very tempted to get the duo now, the reviews are fantastic!

I really want the opi while stock lasts but wont use the nail envy and few other bits, i hate it when kits have things you want and things you dont!:31:

My vote has to be for Seche Vite, but then I haven't tried the Nails Inc. one & now I'm intrigued. The beauty of Seche Vite is that it can be put on with the polish still wet. It does thicken in the bottle quicker than some others. Also I find the bottle design isn't brilliant. The brush is just that bit too short when you're getting nearer the bottom so you have to tilt it to load the brush properly. That can be a bit tricky when your nails are wet, but then I'm a clutz! I'd still recommend it, but I wanted to give you a full picture. By the way, OPI chip skip is great. Wouldn't be without it!

Is Nails Inc Caviar Top coat just as long lasting as Seche Vite? :33:

Is Nails Inc Caviar Top coat just as long lasting as Seche Vite? :33:

I find it lasts longer than Seche Vite. I would find after a day or so that Seche Vite would just peel right off, I don't find this with the Nails Inc one.

Thats great! I'm very tempted to get the duo now, the reviews are fantastic!

I really want the opi while stock lasts but wont use the nail envy and few other bits, i hate it when kits have things you want and things you dont!:31:

If you didn't get them, there is a suggestion of an ebay seller with the colours only in the new beauty items thread.

I find it lasts longer than Seche Vite. I would find after a day or so that Seche Vite would just peel right off, I don't find this with the Nails Inc one.

I stayed away from Nails Inc thinking they weren't good quality but having been tempted by the last 2 TSV's, I'm really pleased and surprised by the excellent quality. The colours are a delight too and have so much depth. People are always commenting on whichever colour I'm wearing as some are so unusual. I shall definitely give their Top Coat a try. Thanks. :)

Yep, like Sazza, I too like the Nails Inc 45 sec top coat. I use the base too and like it as well. QVC sells them as a duo, and they're not too pricey either!:1:

Yep, like Sazza, I too like the Nails Inc 45 sec top coat. I use the base too and like it as well. QVC sells them as a duo, and they're not too pricey either!:1:

I have a silly question - do you apply the 45 sec top coat after each coat or after the second coat? Im thinking it might smudge and go streaky if you apply 2 coats first? Thanks

If you didn't get them, there is a suggestion of an ebay seller with the colours only in the new beauty items thread.

Yes thank-you, i have read the post and found the seller on ebay. You only get the 4 colours nothing else which is what i wanted, plus it saves £18 by not having the treatments and bag.

I have a silly question - do you apply the 45 sec top coat after each coat or after the second coat? Im thinking it might smudge and go streaky if you apply 2 coats first? Thanks

No, you should apply a base coat, then 2 coats of colour and then a top coat last always. Otherwise, colour will just peel off if applied on top of the top coat as there is no surface for the colour to stick to. :)

No, you should apply a base coat, then 2 coats of colour and then a top coat last always. Otherwise, colour will just peel off if applied on top of the top coat as there is no surface for the colour to stick to. :)

Thats great thanks! I think ill definitely order this now, i hope it is that good!

Latest posts

Back