Rare gems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Seems every stone they sell is 'rare'

Just saw an apatite ring which is apparently 'rare' but then she (I think it was Lucinda) rattled off a load of places this 'rare' gem is found :confused: Shock horror it went for £20 :smirk:

Also switched over to price drop where there was an amber ring for a tenner......guess what?.......that's 'rare' too

Another 'rare gemstone' being sold tonight: Neptune Mystic Topaz (final price £36.75). Peter Simon is presenting a full hour of the stuff on Friday, so no doubt he'll be giving the usual spiel. "Not only is it one of the rarest and most sought after gemstones. Not only is it set in an exquisite 24 carat gold sprayed copper wire ring. Not only..." "Not even the finest jewellers can get hold of this magnificent stone."

I'm a bit loathe to buy jewellery from them these days, they never tell you how they are mined. I wouldn't be surprised if they were blood diamonds, not to mention the rubies, saphires and emeralds. What about the T&K handbags and clothes? Is there a 6 year old child stitching them?

Today I have learned that Ethiopian opal is rarer than Australian opal, with James flogging a hideous ring (imo) in a non stop drop, that you wouldn't see much change out of £200 for

Latest posts

Back