Ingersoll Watches - the truth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This seems to be the case with quite a few 'premium' brands these days. Of course, the purchaser of the brand name will then have the products manufactured in some sweatshop whilst trading on the reputation of the brand. I notice the watch Mike was selling had 'German design' on the face, which is an attempt to associate a product that was likely manufactured in China with the German reputation for quality engineering. Mike was also going on about the sweeping second hand, as if only the worlds finest watches have this feature, when in fact there are plenty of cheap watches in Argos with a sweeping second hand. Bid presenters always harp on about this feature when selling one of their 'premium' watches.

At least Ingersoll watches aren't an exclusive brand and look better made than some of the other tat that's sold here, as well as having at least a degree of genuine history attached to the brand (even if it isn't as far back as they like to claim). Also note that they always seem to gloss over the fact that Ingersoll watches have never truly been a high end brand.

Problem is, even some of the cheapest tat can be made to look passable under strong studio lights, therefore if it does look cheap on-screen it must be REALLY bad in reality - one other watch of unknown pedigree even had a broken second hand whilst they were selling it, which shows exactly how classy some of their products can be :wink:

these watches are only worth between £100-£200 sayng they worth a fortune.What a load of rubbish they do talk.No shopping channel cannot be selling a watch or a ring over £1000, if they do then they must be con merchants especially rocks and co selling a ring over £24,000 what nobody's got that amount of money, lying fools.

I think they really got some great pieces of watch, i am upto it with the most amazing design for my wife, i am found of watches and really having a good time with those watches.

The Ingersoll name is now owned by Zeon. I believe they bought it when Ingersoll went out of business. The Amadeus brand of watch which appeared to be sold exclusively on sit-up some time ago, was also a Zeon watch. I just wonder who owns the Christin Lars brand name? This is another watch which seems to be difficult to find anywhere else than sit-up, dispite being sold in over 40 countries according to Peter Simon. Christin Lars is a wonderful painter and sculteur who also makes fantastic watches according to James Russell. Yeah right!! I picked up a ladies Christin Lars watch from their web site for £17 for a lady friend (when I was able to). Quite frankly, I don't think the think was worth more than about a tenner. I would almost describe it as tat!

Latest posts

Back