James Gardner selling perfumes on Price Drop...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Plunge

Registered Shopper
James Gardner really knows how to tell a good story; he really ought to be employed on Jackanory instead if that's still going.

Anyway, tonight he was selling perfumes, which among other things were "the most exclusive perfumes in the world", "top shelf in Harrods", "ordered transatlantically" (just like worry angels), "you won't find this in a selection box; you won't find this in a gift addition; you won't find this in a Hollywood promotion", "sold on a special condition, namely every justification for value and exclusivity", "only certain presenters can sell them" (meaning probably not Peter Simon), "not released to us if it wasn't for Peter's passion" (Peter being Peter Sherlock), "based on scents created hundreds of years ago", etc. - this spiel lasts for more than 10 minutes.

So we have an ultra-exclusive and ultra high-end small Parisian perfume house that graciously allowed an outlet to specifically sell their hallowed and precious perfumes on special condition; that so-called outlet wouldn't dare make such a fundamentally stupid mistake like spelling "Parfums" incorrectly, would they?

Oh...

pafrum.jpg

mysmilie_483.gif

It's this kind of bs that puts me off Sit-ups. You don't get this crap in a high street or departmental store.

The only places you will see this spiel is on a dodgy market stall or one of them dodgy auctions shops where they put your goods in a big dustbin bag.

It's this kind of bs that puts me off Sit-ups. You don't get this crap in a high street or departmental store.

The only places you will see this spiel is on a dodgy market stall or one of them dodgy auctions shops where they put your goods in a big dustbin bag.
My guess is that it's probably a genuine independent Parisian perfume producer (or licenced brand) but it's a slow-selling fragrance that didn't appeal to their fussy clients as much as they hoped, so they decided to offload their unwanted stock via other means, so to speak, so they wouldn't get lumbered with it.

The worst presenter on the channels imo. Repeats himself to the point of oblivion, highly annoying and doesn't have a clue what he's going on about.

Latest posts

Back