Suggestions for replacement for Speed Auction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Much in the style of Mad Bid et al, how about the sell top items like iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 3 etc and make it so that people text or call the 1.50 a call/text with a bid and the lowest unique bid wins. So whoever texts the lowest amount that no one else does wins it (no additional payment apart from maybe P&P) could be fun and they would make money from the unsuccessful bids.

Let's face it when they have good items at low prices thru make up the shortfall on calls so at least this would be more transparent.

PJ

Mad Bid auctions and similar are even more of a rip off than TV shopping.

Personally I would like to see an entertainment channel where they have products to sell but with chat shows and other entertainment.

They used to have a mad bid type site called "dibbing.com" which was like mad bid, but a falling auction.

What would happen, you buy some dibs, look at the price and then decide if you would like to buy. Each time someone looks and decides not to buy the price falls for the next person until someone decides that they just can't resist the bargain. It lasted a matter of weeks.

Benny Bangs his gavel channel would get the viewers. If you took over the channel Benny who would you have as your assistant and who would you have as your underling presenters when you having a rest, what would you sell and would you have free p&p?

Benny Bangs his Gavel. Oh Lordy! People putting images into my head! :emo:

How about Speed Auction in the style of the film, 'Speed'? :grin:

Auctioneer has 2 minutes to sell 960 Stephen Gayford paintings of a wombat before the inevitable :sweat:

How about Bid XXX - Presenter removes an item of clothing for every 50 items sold, or in the case of Peter Simon, for each 50 items unsold :wink:

If Bid are desperate enough to adopt this format I demand royalties for the idea :devil:

They should replace all three channels with a test card.

mysmilie_483.gif

This forum might as well just be closed down here and now because nobody's EVER going to beat that!!!

Unfortunately I'm not looking forward to sleeping tonight because that image is going to haunt me in my dreams...

Latest posts

Back