Faulty Item

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fran

Registered Shopper
I have recently become a customer of Jewellery Channel and bought a silver and diamond bracelet in April. I didn't wear it during the 30 day warranty period, as I had not made up my mind whether to keep it. I did keep it and wore it once last week. The fastner immediately broke. The metal soldering just fell apart. I rang Customer services and was told that as it was outside the 30 day warranty, I had to pay for the repair myself. I was pretty unhappy about this and explained that clearly, the item was faulty. The response was that I could send the item back to TJC if I wished, but it would be a waste of money because they would simply send it back to me and say that they would not do anything because it is out of warranty. I was then contacted by a TJC Personal Shopper who asked if I was interested in buying another bracelet. I declined, and explained why. She said that I would need to return the item so that they could assess whether it was faulty or was due to wear and tear. Since I only bought it in April, I don't see how this could reasonably be classified as wear and tear. Surely jewellery from TJC should be able to sustain being worn more than once! The Sale of Goods Act states that items sold must be fit for purpose and that if they are not, then a replacement or a full refund must be given. TJC have offered neither. At present, I am not inclined to buy anything else from them, and now have serious concerns about the quality of craftsmanship of their jewellery.

Hi Fran, as far I understood the warranty is for 6 months not 30 days! e mail CS manager and see what they say. TJC will say they check the item to see if it is wear and tear or faulty. I suggest you take photos to show that the fastener actually broke.

Hope they sort it out for you.

Latest posts

Back