Virginia Home Fragrance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Did anyone try these yesterday?
I was tempted and went for the WoodWick Fireside and as a huge Yankee and Hanna fan will be interested to try them out.
I thought the guest was very interesting, although perhaps Dale might have let her explain a bit more, rather than jumping in with way off the mark guesses about what the fragrances were supposed to be! The fact he kept smelling oranges where there were strawberries, and spice were there was none did not put me off too much because I've seen him do that on Yankees too!
Quite intrigued by the olive oil candles too!

I was tempted to try these but I am going to wait till they get reviewed on here,lol. I only saw half the show though. They do look lovely and sound gorgeous, let me know what they are like! Been having a look on the net about them and there are a few places that sell them in the UK, including ebay. Do you remember the name of the lady that was on with Dale , her and her hubby brought them to the UK I believe Dale said.
What are the Hanna Candles like, I'm tempted by them as well!!

I was tempted to try these but I am going to wait till they get reviewed on here,lol. I only saw half the show though. They do look lovely and sound gorgeous, let me know what they are like! Been having a look on the net about them and there are a few places that sell them in the UK, including ebay. Do you remember the name of the lady that was on with Dale , her and her hubby brought them to the UK I believe Dale said.
What are the Hanna Candles like, I'm tempted by them as well!!

Once my "tester" candle arrives I will happily review it! (Well I'll light it and let you know what it's like!) Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the lady on with Dale. I know she lived in Scotland, but sounded like she had a Northern accent, maybe Lancashire or Cumbria, accent to me. Not that I'm an expert and not that this helps you very much! Sorry.
The Hanna candles are very, very nice. They have a more gentle aroma than the Yankees. Personally I prefer to burn Yankees one fragrance at a time, but think that the Hannas blend with one another (and the Yankees) perfectly. The only disadvantage is that the Hannas can only be burned for three hours at a time and, in my opinion, some of the colours don't quite "match" the fragrances. However I do seem to be able to tolerate the Hanna ones with cinnamon in, whereas several of the more cinnamony Yankees aggravate my wheezing a bit. But that's just a personal thing.Weird really because I'm fine with cinnamon in real life, and while in real life I can't get near lillies, I'm always fine with lily scented candles!

Was tempted to try one of these!
Googled Woodwick & came up with many UK sites selling these at a good price & cheaper P&P than QVC. One site was offering Free P&P if you spent over £10.00!

Was tempted to try one of these!
Googled Woodwick & came up with many UK sites selling these at a good price & cheaper P&P than QVC. One site was offering Free P&P if you spent over £10.00!

Thanks for that! If the one I'm waiting on lives up to expectations I'll probably try to order from those sellers. For me, because some fragrances can irritate my asthma I like to order from QVC because I can send it back if I have a problem. But I'm always out to save money!

I'm a big yankee fan and I was sceptical when I tuned in for WoodWicks. I thought the candles looked bland by compassion however, I was intrigued by the sound of an open fire.....
So, I'm afraid I couldn't resist! I purchased fireside and two of the medium candles in lavender and lilly. I cant wait for them to arrive!
Will post back to let you know the verdict....

I've ordered some tarts made by the same company from ebay, got them yesterday and they smell gorgeous - haven't even burned them yet so I will get back to you on that one!

Latest posts

Back