Queens

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to support him being as after Henman/Rusedski he was the only player we had. After his display at the French Open and tbh his less than magnetic personality and bad attitude in interviews - that's it. No more! He looked liked he simply couldn't be bothered yesterday and Mahut deserved to go through...

AM might be a very likeable guy off court and away from the media attention but he certainly needs to improve his public attitude greatly if he wants crowds to warm to him. Of course I appreciate tennis is his profession and whilst he needs to adopt an aggressive style of play on court in today's game surely he can loosen up a bit on other occasions which the public also get to see? Just why does he look so surly ALL the time? Even though I love my tennis I'm not even sure I'd venture to the bottom of my garden to watch him play to be honest!!

Tbh I don't know why Murray is so bliddy surly all the time, imo he's done very well for himself and should thank his lucky stars to be in the position he's in. Look at the facts...Murray's made millions, got himself a very pretty girlfriend (who's punching well below her weight imho) and he's living an enviable lifestyle and he's ****** lucky because how else would an ugly git like him with the personality of a plank achieve any of that?? :rolleyes:

Disgraceful display by Nalbandian, he needs to control that temper of his and hopefully losing an important match this way will make him think twice before lashing out in future, he's a big bloke and kicking that board as hard as he did must have hurt that linesman quite a bit. Right decision to disqualify DN imo but a shame for the crowd and sorry for Cilic who probably feels it's a hollow victory but I'm so pleased he won the title anyway. Nalbandian's petulant speech against the ATP was not the right thing to do either and am I right, did he actually walk off court without waiting for his runners up presentation?? Ignorant pig. :angry:

Just read this on the BBC site:

"Rule 8.04 of the ATP rule book states a player guilty of aggravated behaviour can expect to be fined "up to $25,000 or the amount of prize money won at the tournament, whichever is greater".
Given that the runner-up's prize money at Queen's is 44,945 euros (£36,114 or $56,803), Nalbandian stands to lose more".

Stupid *******.

Well, he deserves a hefty fine. He should have behaved himself. He'd already bounced his racquet around the court a few times & that final act was just self-indulgent.
My sympathizes were solely with the line judge.
Yes, it was unfortunate from Cilic's point of view that victory was won in that way, but I'm sure his prize money will go some way to console him & he will always be in the record books now lol.

Never liked Nalbandian and his display of temper tantrums in other tournaments but his "excuse" to place the blame with the ATP during his chat with Sue Barker was outrageous. I'm not surprised Andrew Castle was incensed with his comments. I doubt very much he will change his antics and the hefty fine probably won't worry him too much either. Personally, I'd want to take it to the extreme and ban him from major tournaments because his outrage was totally unnecessary - smashing a racquet is bad enough but to kick the hoarding surrounding the line judge was childish plus I don't think he came across too sincere in his apology either!

I agree Mam. I've heard of tunnel vision, but that incident was just unjustifiable & unfathomable.

Let's hope that Wimbledon (YAY!) is controversy free.
Can't wait. It's my fortnight on the settee time

Latest posts

Back