Who next?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
We've had some good presenters leave the channels over the last year, but I've never known so many to leave at once.

Charlie has left, then Chris Roades, and now Mike Smith!

"Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know that after 2 amazing years ive decided to leave the full time presenting team at Bid shopping.

I'm sure I haven't sold my last fibre optic gnome, but I just wanted to thank you all for your continued interest and support whilst i've been at the channels, here and on Twiter. There is a brilliant and creative group of people at bid who create thousands of hours of live television, and its been my pleasure to be a part of it. I leave on good terms to move on to embrace new challenges!

In the meantime i'll keep this page alive and continue to keep you up to date with what i'm having for my tea over on twiter.

Bets wishes Mike xx"

I think this proves that bid tv isn't what it used to be.

This sudden disappearance of Sit-up staff seems a lot similar to when the CIA/Mafia were bumping off witnesses to the assassination of JFK.

Perhaps agent Benny can use his contacts within the Acton HQ to why they are leaving? Do they no longer believe in the power of the Worry Angels? Are they finally sick of the **** "jewellery" and tawdry crappy watches they have to offload?

Come on Benny! Spill the beans! :call:

I do not and cannot watch these God-awful channels but perhaps the presenters who have seen sense to leave, are doing so whilst they have at least some self-respect left!?

Or perhaps they can't think of any more bare-faced lies to come out with to sell the pure and utter shite on their pure and utter shite channels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike's rarely on as it is anyway, and just seems to be another who was stuck away on Speed Auction.

I had my issues with his behaviour on screen in the past, but I've come to the conclusion that it was just ill thought out and he is a decent bloke at heart (as a quick read of his twitter feed will indicate). Plus, I saw him do a superb, bumbling (on purpose) Peter Simon impression a few weeks back when he started a show.

The way things are going the channels will be left with just Wideboy Mikey, T'rific Buying Simon, Jewellery James, Spiv McDonald, Shouting Sally, Dull Nicola, Boring Caroline, Not as funny as he thinks he is Evers, Andy the Scaremongerer, Far and his wandering hands, Pillock Gardner, Screams of trying too hard Birkett and Pocket Sized Ryes (with fleeting, blink and you'll miss them appearances from the likes of Alex and the gorgeous Cindy). No wonder I rarely last more than a few minutes on the Sit Up channels these days.

Talking of shouting Sally, I couldn't believe her the other night when she 'stopped the music' and said 'I'm getting angry now' because the price was 'ridiculously low'. She really did look angry :angry: I'm sure people flocked to the phones in absolute terror :giggle:

I'd like to see Marie Greenwood back, I liked her.
Agreed, and she used to work really well with the much missed (but still turns up every now and then for his fragrances) Peter Sherlock. Why they decided to split up Peter and Marie and team him up with Sophie I'll never know. Anyone happen to know what Marie is up to these days?

Working on these channels, is a bit like working on the cruise ships... You are either on the way up or on the way down in your career. So people come and people go (hopefully on to better things) Being a presenter on situps is hardly the pinnacle of a career is it?
In one respect I feel sorry for those presenters for whom they have absolutely no other job; the salary is decidedly mediocre especially for London (the person who fixes your computer probably earns more than this), the hours are long (presenters have to be around for hours before/afterwards), and they have to sell some utter crap at times as well as sounding vaguely convincing whilst doing so.

However I don't have sympathy for those presenters who lie through their teeth (I mean LOTS of times and telling big whoppers) in order to sell products. It's possible to sell products without lying and without doing so badly as to get shunted to Speed Auction, as Adam Heppenstall (and one or two others) ably demonstrate.

How do you know this it's not on her Twitter or Facebook from what I can see she just says she looking forward to her break and Caribbean holiday?

Is it coincidence that its all the Speed Auction presenters who are leaving?

Last edited:
"Hello lovely people, this is my last week at Bid Shopping so all that work with me check out the Event page I have just sent you. If I have not sent you an invite this is not intentional, I was in a rush when setting it up so just be there, and those who got an invite spread the word.
To my viewers: I am not gone yet, Friday is my last day so I will see you all on air during the week. Love you all xx"

I know Chris wanted to leave a while ago, and Cindy did leave, but came back

Not leaving, but Adam Heppenstall has just announced that he won't be on until mid July! Hmmm lol

I've found out becuase he will be going onto the cruise ships for 3 weeks, as a cabaret magician! He is a very good magician, and if it pays off, he may well do it as a career. Hopefully not another good one to leave?

Last edited:
You won't believe this looks like James Gardner is going as well!!!! I think the channels are gonna be off air before we now it this from his twitter:

I'm going to miss you being on the telly - all the best presenters seem to be leaving

Wow, you're looking fabulous this evening on Bid! I love the tie - is it a new one? Are you still going travelling soon?

yip. Away on 3rd of July. Manila. Can't wait

I heard someone say Marie went on the cruise ships. I hope she comes back as I really like her doing the fashion and was different to the other girls.

I like paul becque but he's not like most of these so called presenter's these are salesman/saleswoman just buy buy buy.Many people on here don't find him funny. Sit up channels will not last for a year now seems like it's dying on it's ass.Paul becque for some reason keeps getting bumped off and have some ex qvc presenter instead?Avalanche needs to axed on price drop leave it to bid.

Latest posts

Back