Below cost price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
This bothers me. Some of the prices they say that are below what their cost price is, is questionable. For the quantities that they must buy in, they must surely get a rock bottom price. I know they can't say something if it's not true but my theory is that they've paid say £10 each for two of them and £2 for XX thousands more. That way they can say they've paid £10 for these and it is kind of the truth.

Am I making any sense? :taphead:

They are working on the pound shop principles I should think of making a minimum 1p profit on most things. Though the p&p automatically gives them £8 on any item they sell as the delivery deal has been done with the company so they can flog the very cheap items and make £2 or £3 profit without doing anything.

Just think if they sell 1000 items an hour for example at a 1p profit almost 15 hours a day then it all adds up.

And a lot of money from people who miss out. I bet up to or even more than 100 people miss out so they jet half the call cost so it adds up.

PJ

The Totes umbrellas they sometimes sell for 50p or as little as 1p for 2 can look like a fantastic bargain. However, add on to that the £7.99 postage and the £1.53 for the phone call, then the total can be over £10. I have seen the same Totes umbrellas in my local home bargains store for £1.99 each. That's a saving of over £6 on the deal. So much for selling stuff at below cost.

we were watching far this morning and after he sold something he said that 100 people had missed out on the deal.... does that mean the company still pocketed 100 x £1.53? thats a nice little sum for nothing isnt it!

we were watching far this morning and after he sold something he said that 100 people had missed out on the deal.... does that mean the company still pocketed 100 x £1.53? thats a nice little sum for nothing isnt it!

That's something else. That clock they bring up....why does an item that is selling well and quickly need a clock? I think they have more than enough people on the line for the quantity they have but they bring the clock up so people think there's still time to phone.

To make you rush into a decision if you are being all Mavis from Open All Hours they looking for the floaters and to make them go ok yes.

To make you rush into a decision if you are being all Mavis from Open All Hours they looking for the floaters and to make them go ok yes.

I take your point but sometimes I reckon all the items have been allocated even before the clock comes up. I only say this because say 100 is in the quantity, the presenter will say there's 20 buyers on the line, then 30/35 but I'm still seeing 100 where I'm sitting.

Latest posts

Back