Sophie Fallows - Presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Kitty

AKA Broomstick Babe
This lady has a terrible voice which has been irritating me all day - I had to put her on mute. It's not her accent, just her presenting voice I object to. Did those giving Sophie a screen test also have the mute button on?

When interviewing for female front of house staff, do looks count for more than presenting skills? Jim & Rod are not 'lookers' but they are great presenters. Can we have the same standards for everyone please?

And if we must have lots of young good looking people with poor presenting skills but lots of enthusiasm or raw talent, can they please be sent to a voice coach before we have to listen to them.

I saw this young lady the other evening taking over for the last hour from Alan on Xtra, they were swapping roles she said. As a presenter I would say she makes a better producer.....for all the reasons Miss Kitty has given above. There seems to have been rather a lot of experimentation on Xtra recently with novice presenters, doesn't come off I'm afraid. :confused:

I can't watch Rod because he must chew his cuticles and as a result, they're usually scraggy and sometimes look as though they've been bleeding. I don't expect eveyr presenter to have perfectly manicured finger nails (and some of the female presenters have awful nail polish, leaking all round the cuticle) but as they're trying to sell jewellery, you'd think they'd make sure that their hands look well groomed.

Latest posts

Back