James Gardener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
What do you think of him?

He keeps doing Charlies shifts including the sunday night shift which I usually watch, and he bores me. He looks bored the whole time, never smiles, and I just can't stand him.

Can't stand him. He's yet another self professed watch expert, along with James Russell and Paul Beque, who hasn't a clue what he's talking about on the subject!! All three of them come out with utter nonsense, which is either ignorance, or downright lies!

Can't stand him. He's yet another self professed watch expert, along with James Russell and Paul Beque, who hasn't a clue what he's talking about on the subject!! All three of them come out with utter nonsense, which is either ignorance, or downright lies!
This pretty much sums him up for me, a Grade A pillock who at times looks as though he has just gotten straight out of bed. Seems ill prepared, more often than not doesn't know what he is on about, and another in the line of terrible Sit Up bulls*itters. So ends the streak of decent presenters leaving with this guy off. Wasn't he also the victim of one of the Spiv's 'hilarious' pranks on a night out?

By the way, why do Sit Up have all these self professed 'experts'? James Russell and Peter Simon are the Jewellery ones, Sally and Caroline the fashionistas, Gardner and Justin the watch experts, Mark and Birkett the 'chefs', Guy the Gardener, Peter is the fragrance man etc.

By the way, why do Sit Up have all these self professed 'experts'? James Russell and Peter Simon are the Jewellery ones, Sally and Caroline the fashionistas, Gardner and Justin the watch experts, Mark and Birkett the 'chefs', Guy the Gardener, Peter is the fragrance man etc.
Basically speaking it's because other shopping channels have so-called 'experts' (usually company sales reps) therefore channel bosses think that they have to have some 'experts' as well. Presumably if viewers believe that they're getting advice from an 'expert' it carries more weight therefore they could be more likely to buy the product, and it also stops Peter Simon from selling too many electrical products
mysmilie_505.gif

One thing I REALLY miss seeing is Peter Simon attempting to sell electrical products when it's obvious that he isn't at all familiar with megapixels, MP3s and megabytes; that was the fun of watching him and a real shame that seems to be all too rare these days.

Not sorry at all to see James Gardner leave, who if anything was even worse than Steve McDonald and James Russell; an amazing achievement in itself. Presumably Speed Auction will soon be replaced by 'infomercials' until their channel licence runs out?

A couple of weeks back, PS was selling a hand held battery operated vacuum cleaner. He said it was 600 watts!! Boy, that thing must have had a hell of a battery inside it!!!

I have no problem with experts demontrating any product on TV. What I have a problem with, is these people like Gardener and Russell putting themselves up as experts on watches. Only a complete watch novice can be taken in by the utter nonsense that they spout. James Russel must think he's an expert because he says he subscribes to a periodical called "chronometer monthly". (if it even exists?) The man doesn't seem to know the difference between a chronograph and a chronometer, or an automatic watch and a hand wound one! I've seen him sell a radio controlled watch and say, it receives signals from satellites! That has recently changed from satellites to Geneva. Both of these so called facts are of course false. Then there is the hand stitched italian leather watch straps on a watch that costs about £30. What an idiot!!!!

Hold the front page. Another Flash Clearance. Just saw Gardener giving a 5 minute lecture on the value of gold and how the wise people are all investing in it. What's on offer I thought, waiting with bated breath? What wonderful piece of gold was going to be offered to us to invest in? Oh no! It's that gold ingot watch again. A tacky watch with a whole 1 gram of gold on the dial. When you get this watch, he said, don't wear it, keep it in it's box as an investment.
This thing always sells for £199.99. So how much is this delight in a flash clearance? Surprise surprise, it's only £199.99. Gawd!!!

I saw him sell three lots in a jewellery avalanche last night and they supposedly lost money on all of them.

A pair of silver .30ct diamond earrings started dropping below £77 and he said that that was less than they paid for them. I don't believe it!!

i think he is the most boring presenter on all of the sit-up channels, his monotone drivel is awful, a 'triple A pillock'

Tried watching him yesterday. I finally switched over after the phones were locked for ten minutes during a drop for a canvas painting of some beach huts.

Have sit-up given up on summer, and are now thinking we should make-do with a painting of some decent weather?

Latest posts

Back