Jack Osbourne diagnosed with MS

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LorraineJ

Meow!!
Its been announced today that Jack Osbourne (Ozzy Osbourne's son) has been diagnosed with MS. Jack Osbourne is still comparitively young, has been having problems with his vision and ultimately diagnosis.

I think it's so sad. A diagnosis of any disease such as MS is absolutely shattering for the person concerned, and their family.

What struck me was the pure injustice of Jack Osborne's case. He's only 26, barely starting out in life, a new, first-time father and he still has so much to achieve.

That's awful news. However, it is most common in young men. My dad has MS, been diagnosed for 14 years. Looking back though, both he and my mum are convinced he had it since his early 20's. He only really got very bad in his late 40's, even though they still didn't know it was MS then. Sympathies are with Jack.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

don't they say that it affects men worse than women? My DD was diagnosed at age 23, so know how his parents must be feeling..mind you in our case the symptoms were very like a brain tumour so the final diagnosis of MS came as somewhat of a relief at the end of a trying few months. All good wishes to Jack and all the family.

When I was first diagnosed with MS and realising that so many young people get the disease, it made me feel fortunate that I had reached my fifties before it manifested itself making it diagnosable (sorry of that is not a word). According to my scans and the age of the plaques, I could well have had my first attack in my teens but not been aware of it.

Jack Osbourne is young and I hope he and his family are able to come to terms with living with the condition and he is one of the lucky ones, not to be too adversely effected.

I wonder with both his parents being in show business whether he might get more expensive treatment, that patients waiting NHS treatment and effective drugs may have to fight for.

don't they say that it affects men worse than women? My DD was diagnosed at age 23, so know how his parents must be feeling..mind you in our case the symptoms were very like a brain tumour so the final diagnosis of MS came as somewhat of a relief at the end of a trying few months. All good wishes to Jack and all the family.

Busymum, that must have been an awful period. They told my dad at 48 that he had had a stroke. Then they discovered it wasn't and went through various diagnosies (including brain tumour too). He found out around 3 years after his first 'attack' as such, although it's obvious now he has had it for a long time. We were all quite angry until we found out how difficult it is to diagnose. How is your daughter now?

When I was first diagnosed with MS and realising that so many young people get the disease, it made me feel fortunate that I had reached my fifties before it manifested itself making it diagnosable (sorry of that is not a word). According to my scans and the age of the plaques, I could well have had my first attack in my teens but not been aware of it.

Jack Osbourne is young and I hope he and his family are able to come to terms with living with the condition and he is one of the lucky ones, not to be too adversely effected.

I wonder with both his parents being in show business whether he might get more expensive treatment, that patients waiting NHS treatment and effective drugs may have to fight for.

Ah Lorraine you have my utmost sympathies. I hope you don't suffer too much with it. My poor dad is in a wheelchair now, he has secondary progressive. Very active, fit man all his life, he is still struggling to deal with it. I did a cake sale a couple of months ago to raise money for the MS Society and I was astounded at the amount of people telling me they had relatives, or knew someone, with MS. It's more common than you think isn't it? Unfortunately.

I agree, he will probably have access to some really good treatment. I think there is some stupid number like 2 MS nurses covering the whole of South Wales. It's sad.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back