Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
There is a clip on youtube of Peter Simon selling some of this dated 2007 in which he says there will be no more in around ten years. So it's 2012 now, five years on and five years left :cash:

But according to James Russell last night, there will be no more in around 20 years time.

How long is a piece of string again? :hi:

I'm surprised that people still fall for all this BS and buy the stuff.

Bid has been selling 'the incredibly rare' Tanzanite daily since late last year telling us how it is going to run out (although the length of time left appears to be increasing rather than decreasing). Flicking through late last night and Dame Peter was again shilling this with the typical longwinded sales pitch. Don't forget Jewellery James and the 'AAA' graded stuff, the rarest of the rare, which they are again fortunate to have, and people in the industry will be tuning in ready to buy. Again so rare, that you can always be assured Bid will be selling some. Con artists, Spivs and Wideboys the majority of them!

Sad to say, but the sooner these stations are put out to pasture the better for me now.

Last edited:
i dont know if anyone else was taking any notice of what james russell was saying amongst all the tanzanite bull he sprouts but he said something like 'and the latest news from the mine is that they've run out at the level they are now and they have actually got to mine DOWN further to find some more' (isnt that what normally happens when you are mining?) ha ha

Step aside Tanzanite, Tropique is now the new gem to have.

How many different rare gemstones can these people find I wonder?

Step aside Tanzanite, Tropique is now the new gem to have.

How many different rare gemstones can these people find I wonder?

What the hell is Tropique?

I was watching Sally last night and she was selling a green sapphire ring. She'd never heard of green sapphire! Well Gems.tv were trying to sell it years ago and Steve Bennett said at the time that he couldn't shift it, nobody wanted it.

A new bloke on Speed Auction just said that not enough Tanzanite is being mined and they are shutting the mines becuase of it. If it is so rare surely they would be getting anyone they could find to dig it up as it is so rare and valuable.

Latest posts

Back