Helen Bates forced to co-host with Lisa Brash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Bizarre events last night on Speed Auction Lisa Brash was shouting so much at her new producer and other background staff that 2 hours into her shift her voice just went, she struggled on but the squeeking noise it became was so bad that at 7.30 they were forced to get Helen Bates to co-host.

Let me say Helen Bates did a fantastic job and was really professional and outshone Lisa throughout she is definetly more suited to presenting than being an assistant.

Lisa either has major issues with her vocal chords if it can just go like that or she will have to calm down, which she won't obviously she did say when it goes like that it goes and won't be back for a few days.

Poor Lisa but you just have to laugh at this! That'll shut her up for a while anyway :devil:

To begin with, Helen Bates was also another really shouty and annoying assistant but she improved noticeably when she stopped shouting and screaming hysterically at each and every item. Otherwise it would have been just like replacing one squeaking noise with another
giggle.gif

Let me say Helen Bates did a fantastic job and was really professional and outshone Lisa throughout she is definetly more suited to presenting than being an assistant.
What is it they say about never getting a second chance to make a first impression? Sadly, I'll always remember Helen doing her brainless idiot act when selling Jewellery, on the Jewellery avalanches, that stupid box game etc with all her faux 'can't believe it' nonsense (there was a fantastic youtube clip that someone posted of it the once).

She's an instant channel changer for me (although to be fair, the same can be said about nearly everyone else working on these channels these days), but if she's doing a really good, professional job at the moment, makes me wonder why she had to act like a moron when she first joined the company? I don't get why they can't be natural, rather than putting on some awful false act with Chris Birkett being another example. Always found him a dreadfully boring, tedious presenter, then saw him a couple of weeks back for the first time in ages and now he screams of someone trying way to hard to be funny. It's as though he has been watching Paul Evers and decided to imitate him; doing silly accents, pulling stupid faces, odd walks, jokes with the camera crew etc. He's even worse than he was before.

To answer your question why is she doing a really good professional job at the moment simple eight people have left or are intending to leave so therefore promotion going for anyone with even a small amount of ability.

Incidentally I haven't seen posh spice errr I mean Tori for a why please say she has joined the exit doors last time I saw her was her bad presenting moment a few months ago.

To answer your question why is she doing a really good professional job at the moment simple eight people have left or are intending to leave so therefore promotion going for anyone with even a small amount of ability.

Incidentally I haven't seen posh spice errr I mean Tori for a why please say she has joined the exit doors last time I saw her was her bad presenting moment a few months ago.

Tori has changed no end hasn't she since she married wotsiname? She gives the impression that she is far too good for the shopping channels.

Hey Steve, think you've interpreted what I said differently to what I intended. What I meant was, if Helen is doing such a good job at the moment, it makes me wonder why she felt the need to act like she did when she first joined the station.

Latest posts

Back