Seriously Mason ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
A retractable power cord on a vacuum cleaner is not cutting edge as you make. Been around for as long as I can remember. Also calling it a remote control Hoover is BS too. You could change the power from the top. Big woopie doo.

One day your kid will be old enough to see the liar his dad is. That is if his lady/goddess and child really exist.

PJ

I saw him last night selling a bladeless electric fan. He said a normal fan is 240 volts, but the bladeless one is only 15 volts. Well, if it works on mains power, it must be 240 volts too must it not? What is more, £79.99 is a fortune for a fan, bladeless or not as far as I'm concerned.

Do you really think he wants to lie? The day he came back he has a gold plated bracelet, and kept mentioning it isn't pure gold etc. and didn't lie. A few weeks on he was like the rest. If they don't follow the director, they can get into big trouble.

Frankly, it wouldn't be me in trouble for having to lie 'cos the director told me to, it would be the director. We are all in control of what we do and don't say, and using the excuse "the director told me to say it" is just that, an excuse! Perhaps if they don't 'like' coming out with the constant stream of lies, they should grow a pair and stand up for themselves...quite simple really!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you really think he wants to lie? The day he came back he has a gold plated bracelet, and kept mentioning it isn't pure gold etc. and didn't lie. A few weeks on he was like the rest. If they don't follow the director, they can get into big trouble.

I am sorry but I think that if he really didn't approve of what they make him say then he should leave. Saying that recently I have noticed a sadness in his eyes.

PJ

I remember Auction World presenters using the we didn't know / made to say things. I am sorry it didn't wash then and it doesn't now. History is littered with just following orders excuses.

I know jobs are hard to come by but floor crew, gallery staff and presenters will probably all have to leave bid shopping off of their cv's and they all are just as guilty as each other ripping off customers.

PJ

Frankly, it wouldn't be me in trouble for having to lie 'cos the director told me to, it would be the director. We are all in control of what we do and don't say, and using the excuse "the director told me to say it" is just that, an excuse!

But the thing is, if there is a night where hardly anything sells, they will have a meeting to see why. If the presenter doesn't follow the rules, the director could say "It was becuase he/she didn't follow my intructions".

A director is incharge of the show. Just like if you were an actor in a movie, if you didn't follow the directors instructions, you will be in trouble.

Obviously they don't want to lie, but in many cases, it's that, or losing their job and having no income coming to their families. It may not be the right thing, but if it is bringing in some money they will do it, or they could lose their homes. The chances are many will be looking for other jobs is very high, and want to move on, but until they get another secure job, they want to stay on the right side of the boses.

Benny, how about Sit-up running a shopping network based on presenters having integrity and being trustworthy? It's a concept that does work in other retail businesses.

The problem with shopping channels such as this, is that the management is exploiting the customers and staff.

Benny, stop defending this type of selling. It's a disgrace and it suggests to me that TV shopping channels need to be better regulated.

Last edited:
I think I am going to write to ASA about that and the claim that iPads can't have added keyboards. Surely they could be in trouble for those two?

PJ

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

More lies today as Mike sells a Samsung Wave 525. Mike clearly stated that it runs Android, when in fact the Wave devices run Bada.
I just heard him say that and rushed to the forum to see if anyone else had spotted this. I should really get out more
biggrin.gif

Sometimes a factual error like that could be a genuine misunderstanding but these misunderstandings seem to have increased in number more recently to the point that downright lying suddenly becomes a possibility even if there was an innocent mistake made by someone (not necessarily by the presenter), though these mistakes could in themselves also be a symptom of staff cutbacks.

Anyway, what really made me laugh during that sale was the claim that if you were thinking that you couldn't afford anything else after spending £115 (plus p&p, etc., obviously) on a 'smartphone' then there would be other items selling later on for £1
mysmilie_507.gif

And another...Mikey Mason has now implied that buying a £5 (plus p&p, etc.) Kingavon alarm system from a shopping channel will reduce the cost of your home insurance (no if's, no but's), whereas in reality I'm pretty sure that an insurance company won't reduce your premium unless the alarm system you have bought meets certain criteria which this particular Kingavon system is fairly unlikely to comply with.

You get what you pay for, and that includes alarm systems as well as TV presenters...

I've heard that claim more than once before. It's rubbish of course. Can't let the truth get in the way of sales!

But the thing is, if there is a night where hardly anything sells, they will have a meeting to see why. If the presenter doesn't follow the rules, the director could say "It was becuase he/she didn't follow my intructions".

A director is incharge of the show. Just like if you were an actor in a movie, if you didn't follow the directors instructions, you will be in trouble.

Obviously they don't want to lie, but in many cases, it's that, or losing their job and having no income coming to their families. It may not be the right thing, but if it is bringing in some money they will do it, or they could lose their homes. The chances are many will be looking for other jobs is very high, and want to move on, but until they get another secure job, they want to stay on the right side of the boses.

Bumkum, utter bumkum!! They don't have to lie, the chose to. If they believe they are being made to lie, report it. They cannot be sacked for refusing to lie, full stop, end of!

If they chose to lie, they should be sacked!

Is Mason on Twitter? Wanna ask him a few questions ;-). Temped to borrow a camera and abush a few staff on the way home Watchdog stylee. Might splash out on one of their 'amazing better than 40k broadcast cameras hd camera' to be ironic :p

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

All the above are valid responses but, I find it rather amusing to watch/listen to the complete and utter BS they come up with from day to day.

It's just hilarious!.
:mysmilie_15:

Why don't you go to the relevant authorities with all your concerns instead of hiding away and bumping your gums on here? Also to suggest that Mike is lying about his family is out of order.

Latest posts

Back