Help please b4 i crack up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mak

Registered Shopper
A little needless backround to my story first :talking: so sorry for long post in advance

I have only shopped with IW a few times in the years i have been watching and alot of lurking and not purchasing is due to their reputation which is well known. i ordred a few small inexpensive itema and had no problems with delivery ( rep of ire) or payments. i saw the small cricut cake machine last year and just had to have it as it was on 4flexis. ordered and it arrived and all the payments went out perfectly which i was happy with but still not 100% convinced that IW had changed from all the stories i had heard and seen but would give them the benefit of the doubt.

the machine was great but you are a little limited by the width of the mats for larger cakes and then i discovered the larger one ( currently no sky ) which i hadnt seen on tv and didnt see on site until it popped up while browsing. even though i decorate cakes its not a full time business so couldnt justify 2 machines especially as the cheapest version of the larger one was £299 so i waited and waited and waited and eventuall i saw there was a 50% for club members ( joined for discount on smaller machine) which i posted here for others interested.

i ordered the machine, some extra mats,cake dvds,a cake tin,batter dispenser and 2 artbin storage boxes for decorating tools (rude not to with 4 flexi) just under £300. the machine arrived within a few days and i assumed the others would be in another box and arrive in a day or two but NO. when i check my account the items were being dispatched in deliveries as there was a HDN link above the main order and there was a DHL link above the artbin boxes and the batter dispenser but this link didnt show anything but the HDN one came up as Fastway who i am not a fan of but at least the machine arrived.

5 weeks on and the second flexi just taken i am about to crack up. 10 e mails with CS in wherever, 40 mins of calls to wherever to polite but not very helpful CS staff and 2 calls to the UK office to a helpful secretary who has sent mails to the other UK office who never contacted me and i am no further along. the items went missing and were support to be sent out to me as soon as the IW depot received them back from wherever but now they have said they are refunding the 1st flexi money for the dispenser and artbin items as cant supply even though still available but stil charged for them in the second flexi and so sign of a refund. i dont know when or if i will get the others and at this point the thought of calling or mailing fills me with dread . i am not an impatient person and i dont mind waiting for items but i hate being messed around.

now that my moan is finally over ( SORRY) could somebody please give me an email address (UK) or phone number (UK) where i can speak to someone directly who can help.

SORRY again , all help very much appreciated:mysmilie_504:

its such a pity IW dont care about the problems their customers have as this has put me off shopping with them. if they spent less time expanding and more time satisfying the customers they have they would be better off.:mysmilie_504:

Last edited:
Just saw the above post from gareth parker @ IW CS , has anybody used this address and was he any help ?
thanks again

I've not had to contact Gareth myself. but as a member of Craft Telly forum I know lots of the members have done. I think Gareth has eventually sorted about 99% of the reported problems/queries. It's well worth contacting him although he no longer works in the Customer Services depart he some how manages to deal with these problems as well as doing his own job. Good Luck.

I've not had to contact Gareth myself. but as a member of Craft Telly forum I know lots of the members have done. I think Gareth has eventually sorted about 99% of the reported problems/queries. It's well worth contacting him although he no longer works in the Customer Services depart he some how manages to deal with these problems as well as doing his own job. Good Luck.

Many thanks Princess , will mail Gareth and hopefully he can sort it for me.

Good luck. I had a few problems, emailed Gareth, and he replied straight away, and sorted the problem.
Much more effective than CS x

thanks for posting crackersannie , will send a mail and fingers + he can work miracles for me also:wonder:

So sorry to hear about your situation, this is why i no longer shop with Ideal World, their CS is nothing short of shocking.

It might also be worthwhile contacting your bank/card company to stop any further payments for goods you never even received. Sure as hell the will take a third payment, good luck.

So sorry to hear about your situation, this is why i no longer shop with Ideal World, their CS is nothing short of shocking.

It might also be worthwhile contacting your bank/card company to stop any further payments for goods you never even received. Sure as hell the will take a third payment, good luck.

Thanks for post HM and i will mail gareth in the next day or two when i have composed yet another mail for IW re this order. i use a pre paid credit card for this order and i could withdraw the money from the card and the 2nd flexi wouldnt have been taken but then there is £10 added on their last try to collect payment and then god only knows where i would end up with IW, probably get 10 years in jail for messing up the IW payment system. the other problem is that i want / need the large machine and there is no way i could get it anywhere else for £150 and 4 flexis but certainly there would be less hastle.

why is it so hard to get what you pay/have paid for from IW without hastle ? :devil:

thanks again for all the replys and i will keep posters updated

If all else fails phone the UK office and ask to speak to CS or customer relations, worked for me when i had troubles earlier this year.

Latest posts

Back