Presenters referring to THIS forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Situp_Fan

Registered Shopper
Hi
I've been enjoying reading this forum for a while and am finally taking the plunge and joining in! What has prompted this is to inform you in case you missed it that I've heard both Mark Ryes and James Gardener mentioning in the last week or so that they are aware of some criticism about them on this forum. I can't remember exactly what was said but the sentiment was something like they had made a small mistake and then said "oh this will be all over the forum now, they love me on there!". I know they are a bit unpopular on here but I actually quite like both those dudes as presenters.

Liking Mark Ryes is understandable despite the occasional dissenting voice on this forum, but JAMES GARDNER?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!

Someone will be along shortly to enlighten you :wink:

I think presenters read this forum at their own peril!

I don't have a problem with Mark Ryes. I think he is one of the better presenters on the Sit-up Network.

But there are other presenters on the network who seem to attract criticism and ridicule, quite rightly.

"criticism about them on this forum"

Really, where? I'm sure they're mistaken :angel:

Mark Ryes is a bundle of fun and a very fine presenter and James Gardener is handsome but ...........blimey, is that the time?

Sorry Mark can't stand you I am not going to pretend to because you might read it not everyone can like you I know you think everyone loves you.

They're all tarred with the same brush as far as I'm concerned. I saw and heard Mark Ryes use the James Russell, "can we afford to sell it at this price" coomment to some one who was supposedly out of shot yesterday.

They're all tarred with the same brush as far as I'm concerned. I saw and heard Mark Ryes use the James Russell, "can we afford to sell it at this price" coomment to some one who was supposedly out of shot yesterday.
That conceit is more or less standard issue for the remaining presenters at the channels so we can assume that they now HAVE to say these things regardless otherwise it's "Bye bye job"...

(Staff at these channels could theoretically stand together in unison and refuse to lie on-camera as they really ought to; management would then have no alternative but to either sack everyone or bow down to staff demands.)

Having said that, some presenters (James Gardner, Steve Macdonald...) definitely do lie more than others; also see the current thread about Mikey Mason who was highly regarded on here until very recently, so something drastic must have happened.

I thought Mark Ryes was getting a bit better these days (Julia dons tin hat and dives under the table) He used to make my skin crawl, but he seems to have mellowed. I don't belong to Twitter and I don't watch the Shoppers all evening so maybe I am missing something

I know when I first became of this forum Mark didn't appear to be that popular, but I haven't seen any criticism about him for sometime. I've said it myself that I have no issue with the guy and think he is one of the better presenters on the channel. I have no interest in what he gets upto in his personal life, on twitter, facebook etc, I'll just judge him by his behaviour, personality, attitude and the way he conducts himself on screen. Gardener on the other hand... I have said my fair share about him on other threads, and I stand by every word of it.

Me too Gray. I don't want to know about my dustman's private life. Presenters on TV are no different. I don't think I could talk nonstop for several hours, although I'm sure my husband would disagree, but they do it day in day out and my goodness do they have some rubbish to shift. A while ago, I saw some revolving feather dusters. They reminded me of some of the gadgets they had on Are You Being Served? I do find some of them annoying mind. Paul Becque and Peter Simon I have to switch off and James Russell makes my skin crawl the way he tries to fool us all. But that's what the off switch is for isn't it? I sometimes tune in in the mornings when I'm ironing and sometimes in the evening when the adverts are on. If it's a presenter who gets on my wick I 'abort' them

James is something to look at, Mark just needs to come out of the closet :cool:
You probably mean a different sort of closet to the one that's being generally assumed :grin:

Anyway, Mark has implyed gayness on-air even if he stopped short of explicitly saying it (to my knowledge NOBODY has done this at the Sit-up channels to date though this observation's based on general reactions in this forum), as with his comment re. Robson Green not being his sort of person "if you know what I'm like", etc.

He is out of the closest his twitter page says he is a generally nice gay guy and he makes no secret of the fact he likes young men.
too much information.

Imagine if James Russell were selling Mark Ryes as a product though? Would he give him a 'space' speach with the eerie space music and stars.... and say that Mark Ryes talks out of his Uranus? :smirk: and that his eyes twinkle like AAA Tanzanite?

too much information.

Imagine if James Russell were selling Mark Ryes as a product though? Would he give him a 'space' speach with the eerie space music and stars.... and say that Mark Ryes talks out of his Uranus? :smirk: and that his eyes twinkle like AAA Tanzanite?

Maybe he'd refer to his height and say "It wasn't meant to go this low". :devil:

He used to tweet how he couldn't find a boyf because all men his own age (42ish) did nothing for him if i remember rightly he had a rough cut off point of 28. He couldn't find anyone who suited because they weren't interested in someone in their 40's. I know he has a thing for Tom Daley.

Latest posts

Back