Ideal world customer service number

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Haggismuncher

Registered Shopper
Should companies like Ideal World be allowed to make a profit on their customer service phone calls?
Most other shopping channels offer free or national rate calls to their customer service departments.

BID/PRICEDROP 0844 National Rate
ARGOS TV 0845 FREE to BT customers
GEMSTV 0845 FREE to BT customers
QVC 0800 FREE

IDEAL WORLD 0871 10p PER MINUTE PLUS YOUR NATIONAL RATE PHONE CALL !

THIS GIVES IDEAL WORLD ABOUT 5P PROFIT PER MINUTE EACH TIME A CUSTOMER CALLS THIS NUMBER:cash::cash::cash:

When they dont answer e-mails and then block accounts, people are left with no option but to call this profit making number...:angry:

Hi Haggismuncher, quite agree with you, they shouldn't profit from fone calls but I have to correct you- Gems TV calls on 0845 numbers are NOT free from BT lines unless it's evening/weekend and there is a minimum 12p call connection charge at other times plus costs per minute! But at least Gems do answer the fones and sort out your queries. I will not call anyone in a foreign call centre, usually because they can't understand me or I can't understand them!
TopazTrish

Should companies like Ideal World be allowed to make a profit on their customer service phone calls?
Most other shopping channels offer free or national rate calls to their customer service departments.

BID/PRICEDROP 0844 National Rate
ARGOS TV 0845 FREE to BT customers
GEMSTV 0845 FREE to BT customers
QVC 0800 FREE

IDEAL WORLD 0871 10p PER MINUTE PLUS YOUR NATIONAL RATE PHONE CALL !

THIS GIVES IDEAL WORLD ABOUT 5P PROFIT PER MINUTE EACH TIME A CUSTOMER CALLS THIS NUMBER:cash::cash::cash:

When they dont answer e-mails and then block accounts, people are left with no option but to call this profit making number...:angry:

I have been having issues HM as you know ( help please b4 i crack up post) and so far i have spent about 40 mins on the phone to CS in uk and CS in god knows where. the phone calls to the foreign call ctr all took over 5 mins to be answered and i was put on hold a few times. the calls were made at different times of the day and night. if i was sceptical i would think it was a money maker but i know IW wouldnt do this to their customers:devil::devil::devil:

And that is precisely why I refuse to ring them...if they want to speak to me, they have a mobile number or they can contact me by email...neither of which they seem prepared to do...funnily enough there was a panorama programme on BBC1 last night about call centres and those which charge premium rates and then place people on hold and try to keep them on the line for ages...perhaps we should all contact the OFT! the more people who report companies like IW the sooner the practice might cease :)

Im not against companies charging people to call their CS, as the have to cover the cost of the call.

But no organisation should be allowed to make even 1p profit from such calls.

If you have a problem or issue, thats bad enough, as well as being frustrating and highy annoying.

But to bolster an organisations profits even further when its not your fault is immoral.

I only hope that Westminster look at bringing in legislation to ban this practice soon.

40 mins at 10p per min is £4.00 with about £2.00 of that going to Ideal World, and your issue is still not resolved?

Then when you get your phone bill, you have to add 20% VAT, your calls have really costing you £4.80.

And the law says you dont have to be out of pocket, so you have a good chance of being entitled to your call costs! (under DSR of course)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Haggismuncher, quite agree with you, they shouldn't profit from fone calls but I have to correct you- Gems TV calls on 0845 numbers are NOT free from BT lines unless it's evening/weekend and there is a minimum 12p call connection charge at other times plus costs per minute!

On the BT contract I have 0845 numbers are free at any time, as are 0800 and all landline calls. I just have to make sure that I don't exceed 60 minutes on one call. Easy solution when landlining a friend - I hang up after 59 minutes and ring them back if we're having a good old natter. But if a company can't solve a query within that time scale I'd be reluctant to deal with them again.

Most of the shopping channels make a good profit on P&P so it's about time that they all followed the 0800 route for ordering and for their customer services, in my opinion. QVC have a weird P&P policy, but at least you don't pay when you ring them.

Luckily, I've never had any problems when ordering from Ideal World (although orders are very infrequent) so I've never had to phone their CS and I always order online because I refuse to pay them the cost of the call to place an order.

BT Calls

On the BT contract I have 0845 numbers are free at any time, as are 0800 and all landline calls. I just have to make sure that I don't exceed 60 minutes on one call. Easy solution when landlining a friend - I hang up after 59 minutes and ring them back if we're having a good old natter. But if a company can't solve a query within that time scale I'd be reluctant to deal with them again.

Most of the shopping channels make a good profit on P&P so it's about time that they all followed the 0800 route for ordering and for their customer services, in my opinion. QVC have a weird P&P policy, but at least you don't pay when you ring them.

Luckily, I've never had any problems when ordering from Ideal World (although orders are very infrequent) so I've never had to phone their CS and I always order online because I refuse to pay them the cost of the call to place an order.

Yes, but on the contract you have you are paying £4.50 a month to have anytime calls! Not exactly free are they? My last quarterly bill had calls totalling £5.24 and I do not pay £1.50 a month extra either for not paying monthly direct debit, so whichever way you look at it you are paying in advance for the privilege of making those calls whether you make them or not. BT's evening rate does not start till 7pm and their weekend till 12midnight Friday, my provider's start at 6pm. I personally prefer to pay for my calls I have made and not what BT think I should make and keep the savings in my pocket not theirs. BT did try to entice me back to them but would not offer any discounted deal unless I paid 18 months in advance. I cannot print on here what my response to that was!!!! TopazTrish

The trouble is, when you ring them, they are a complete waste of time. It took me six months to get a £170 refund!

Yes, but on the contract you have you are paying £4.50 a month to have anytime calls! Not exactly free are they? My last quarterly bill had calls totalling £5.24 and I do not pay £1.50 a month extra either for not paying monthly direct debit, so whichever way you look at it you are paying in advance for the privilege of making those calls whether you make them or not. BT's evening rate does not start till 7pm and their weekend till 12midnight Friday, my provider's start at 6pm. I personally prefer to pay for my calls I have made and not what BT think I should make and keep the savings in my pocket not theirs. BT did try to entice me back to them but would not offer any discounted deal unless I paid 18 months in advance. I cannot print on here what my response to that was!!!! TopazTrish

My bills are far lower than they used to be when I was on an 'ordinary' contract ......... I must chat too much to friends. :wink: And this contract suited me better as I'm no longer tied to phoning between specific times.

I still think that all shopping channels should have a free number for ordering and for their customer services though. At least then a customer has a better chance of getting their problem sorted out without having to check the clock all the time. After all, I'm sure the companies make their money in a mark up of the price of their products or the P&P, so they wouldn't lose out by having a free phone number.

Ive done a bit of digging. There is a website "saynoto0870.com"

It has an area where you can type in a companies name and it gives you alternative numbers instead of the 0870 version.

There is a number indicated for a UK based CS at IW.

Its does have the local code for Petetborough as it starts with 01733.

Ive not tried it myself, but maybe its worth trying?

Latest posts

Back