What is this " flash " ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

V

Vienna

Guest Shopper
I noticed all of their gold or platinum plated jewellery is now advertised as " flash " , no mention of plating. Why the change of description and why is it now " flash " ? Have no idea where this description comes from and do they think people are not going to realise it`s still plated jewellery ? I can`t understand the mentality behind this.

I just noticed this too, did a quick google and as far as I can tell it is a quicker way of plating jewellery, so looks like cost cutting to me!

if something is flash plated my understanding is that just enough is used to give the item a uniform colour. Personal experience is that flash plating doesn't survive normal wear and tear for to long. .........

just another indicator to me that Gems is well on the way DOWN the slippery slope - hugely not impressed with all their changes and as ever their lack of information to their customers

i have asked the helpers on fb the same question - does it imply a lesser quality plating - so far i havent spotted a reply......... i havent ever bought they gold plated stuff because i was always dubious of plating - even less likely to ever dip my toe in that pool now given the comments here - thanks for that at least here i get a reply!

I was ok wirh the vermeil plating on the viorelli collection when it was launched - in fact I have a ring that I wear quite a lot and it is still ok. however I don't buy normal plated pieces and certainly not flash plated.

however I will give Gems their due..... unlike a lot of places they do tell us (even if we should check the meanings!) and they do disclose treatments to gemstones in a much clearer way than their rivals.

Latest posts

Back