The all new Michael "The Spiv" Mason thread.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
I feel the last thread I started has, through no fault of St.com regulars has got sidetracked so I thought (and I hope Graham and Sazza don't mind) I would start an all new thread to talk about Mikey. I guess as more and more presenters<s>realise they are working for crooks</s> leave the business we will be seeing more and more of The Mason. Oh deep joy.

PJ

James Russell's patter
Makes him look like a right ....

To be fair Mike is entertaining he was one of the bid-up era and so have a soft spot for him. You can tell how different the channel is because Mike, Elisa and Peter were brilliant in the old days.

Totally agree. Old Mike was what was good about bid, new Mike is all that is bad. Maybe he is like Samson and the power of good was in his hair :p *

PJ

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Mason started out like an innocent Anakin Skywalker..... then he returned from the Dark Side as Darth Vader. :smirk:

And even when he came back at first he was far more honest, talking about P&P, clearly stating it was plated gold but things changed. I have no doubt he is told what to say, but he could say no. If they all said no they would have to change. I wonder if the presenters are on commission?

PJ

Bid.tv presenters handbook;

NEVER state how much the phonecall is
NEVER state that you can bid online and save the cost of the above
NEVER discuss the postage EVER!
NEVER say that our stuff is low end tat - it is THE best! Better than Rolex, whatever!

ALWAYS lie and make things up
ALWAYS bring your family into discussions of our products so the viewer feels fluffy and engaged with the family content
ALWAYS pretend to be surprised when we drop the price
ALWAYS repeat what you just said
ALWAYS say DELICIOUS!

Paul, you may have left out these.....

Always compare the price (not incl p&p) with the most mudane thing you've bought in the last week...crisps, bacon sarnie, newspaper,bog roll ...you get the gist!

When selling a "set" of anything you must tell 'em that you paid that price last week for just one! (and the quality wasn't so good)

Shout straight down the camera to your imaginary aunt Fanny (who always watches your shows)" buy me one,"nod your head about and make "telephone" signs with your fingers.

Advise viewers to buy up in bulk and sell 'em on, and ffs don't let slip that it's gonna cost a fortune.

Say you wouldn't be surprised if these (jewellery items) weren't being bought up by the trade (only however, if you can keep a straight face!)

Make sure you say that at least one in three items is making us a loss...more, if you think you can get away with it, no b*gger it...EVERYTHING!

Always compare the price (not incl p&p) with the most mudane thing you've bought in the last week...crisps, bacon sarnie, newspaper,bog roll ...you get the gist!
Central London is horrifically expensive for the cost of even the smallest bag of crisps so I guess they're using that for the comparison with their market stall tat.

Plus it's true that Mikey Mason was better the previous time he was with the channels, but I'm fairly sure that his very bad habit of calling someone a "mutant" was still present back then as it still appears to be the case nowadays, therefore I'm not his biggest fan to be honest unless he stops degrading people in front of the camera. As well as telling fibs nowadays along with all the other presenters still there...

Mike selling knives - "you need the right tool for the right job". How ironic is that considering Mike is most defiantly a right tool on the right job ;-)

PJ

****** TANZANITE!!!!!!! wots wrong with me? i just watched that video!!!! :headbang:

"...something I've got off the internet..." - Be careful Mike there's all sorts of rubbish you can find there :wink:

"...but by experts in their field, and I'm not just talking about individuals I'm talking about mining companies..." - So not exactly the most impartial when it comes to promoting the products which they just happen to mine as well, eh?

Bid must think that the potential buyers of their products are INCREDIBLY stupid! (Something to bear in mind even if you're momentarily thinking of buying something as 'innocent' as a towel bale.)

His crown slipped again tonight. Trying to split something stuck together and started to mutter 'Jesus Christ' but stopped.

For me I don't care about swear words, well I don't care if someone says oh eff my toe hurts but don't like when someone says eff off but as someone who is Christian, blasphemy really cuts me up.

PJ

Watched the start of his show last night to see what pearls of wisdom he came out with, and he claimed that there 'must be a mistake as I've got some premium products in warehouse clearance'. Now what premium products would these be you ask, yes, a Thomas Earnshaw watch and an egg maker! Real premium Mikey, real premium.

Hi again I think I may have posted wrong link up as it's for the other shopping channel in it. The page is called Mike Mason Legendary bid TV presenter and the thread is there. Its the one about a message to Stephanie. So sorry for confusion. Btw Medina Jessop I too think Mike is a tw@ . He's totally ungenuine if that's a word so there. F

If anyone wants a laugh, read that Facebook page. They want to report us to the ombudsman. Haha is there one for Online Forums and Chat Rooms? OFFFOC (Office For Forums & Online Chat) *waves at Mike's fans The Masonettes* :p

PJ

Latest posts

Back