I've just joined the world of Easiyo...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Calvin

Registered Shopper
I've always been curious about this brand and, a week or so ago, when La Q were doing free P&P, I bought a kit. The first batch is cooking (??) away, but I've a couple of questions. Firstly, where is the best/cheapest place to buy the mixes as I'm reluctant to pay the high P&P every time I fancy some yoghurt? And also, has anyone used the maker to make their own yoghurt from scratch, using warm milk and a couple of tablespoons of plain yoghurt as a starter? Thank you :happy:

I took the plunge with this following one of Strato's QVC posts. I've tried his method once with a shop bought live yoghurt, it was successful but more of a pouring yoghurt which was nice but I like the really thick stuff. Decided, while I can afford it, I would stick with the packets until I retire then carry out a few experiments!!

I've looked around on-line but apart from the odd special offer couldn't spot much difference in price. I like the plain Greek yoghurt best so stock up when Q have it on offer. I did go for the advanced order of the Greek and Coconut the other week, I really like the sound of that and it was free P&P.

It took a while to get the Easiyo texture right, my tips are on the last Easiyo thread (I think?). Got it down to a fine art now, delicious!

Good luck!

You can make a slightly thicker home made (with out using a sachet) yogurt if you mix a couple of tablespoons of skimmed milk powder in with the natural yogurt and skimmed milk, I also always use UHT milk as it gives much better results .
Having the milk you use to mix at blood temperature (I just give it 30 seconds in the micro ) also helps with the set.
I then strain the finished yogurt after it has been in the fridge over night in a sieve lined with kitchen roll to give a really thick consistency.
You can make it as thick as you like the longer you strain it for the thicker it gets.
I let it get very thick and then mix in herbs and spring onion and use it instead of cream cheese it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
I also use it instead of mayonnaise in salads like coleslaw and potato salad mixed with mustard , white wine vinegar and salt and pepper.
It saves lots of pro points as mayonnaise is very point heavy

Latest posts

Back