Olympics - with bid shopping in charge

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
The medals would be gold, silver and bronze plated.

The official time keepers would be Thomas Earnshaw.

Sally Jaxx would screech the winners anthem but not need a mic.

Seats would be sold three times over so get there early to miss out.

Feel free to chip in your own :)

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Britain flooded with 'brand police' to protect sponsors

Wearing purple caps and tops, the experts in trading and advertising working for the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) are heading the biggest brand protection operation staged in the UK. Under legislation specially introduced for the London Games, they have the right to enter shops and offices and bring court action with fines of up to £20,000.

Olympics organisers have warned businesses that during London 2012 their advertising should not include a list of banned words, including "gold", "silver" and "bronze", "summer", "sponsors" and "London".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...brand-police-to-protect-sponsors-7945436.html

I kid you not. The fascist corporate police has taken over this country. I very much doubt Sit Up will be celebrating anything to do with the Olympics, if they have any sense.

Britain flooded with 'brand police' to protect sponsors

Wearing purple caps and tops, the experts in trading and advertising working for the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) are heading the biggest brand protection operation staged in the UK. Under legislation specially introduced for the London Games, they have the right to enter shops and offices and bring court action with fines of up to £20,000.

Olympics organisers have warned businesses that during London 2012 their advertising should not include a list of banned words, including "gold", "silver" and "bronze", "summer", "sponsors" and "London".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...brand-police-to-protect-sponsors-7945436.html

I kid you not. The fascist corporate police has taken over this country. I very much doubt Sit Up will be celebrating anything to do with the Olympics, if they have any sense.

Crazy but understandable I guess as without it the games would cost the tax payer even more!

PJ

The "summer" and "London" words being banned are just laughable, especially when retailers have been using the s-word in recent promotions ("Get set for a summer of sport", etc.), but you can blame the IOC for all of this because it's in their contract for holding the Games™ that any hosting country has to abide by. And have consolation with the fact that the sponsors with the exclusive 'brands' will have to foot the bill for much of the massive expense (in exchange for exclusivity), and the Games™ will be all over in 4 weeks when everything will be back to normal. I did spot a poster for a rival brand of mobile phone recently on an Olympic torch route which made me smile :smile:

If Bid Shopping were in charge of the Olympics the p&p charge would have to increase to £9999999 in order to pay for the event :giggle:

They'll have a "guide time" for the running events. This time will be a third party's recommended finishing time, or an average finishing time of three or more athletes. Of course, this time will be massively inflated, and everybody will be shocked when the athletes finish in under half the time.

Bid Shopping Olympics

So it's time for the Bid Shopping Olympics who gets your medals?

Which presenters/assistants/products/promotions get the gold, silver, bronze medals and who/what gets the wooden spoon? Who is your Eddie The Eagle?

Which sport should each Bid Shopping presenter represent?

Which presenter lights your flame? Which presenter is the piss on the kerb Paula Radcliffe?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back