Uri and his dowsing kit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mrs James

aka bella battenburg
What a larfff :tea:
He had Claire draw a secret picture and using his kit he drew exactly the same.
Now if i was asked to guess what Claire would draw it would be a love heart...da da

Ah thats magic Mrs James! :D A pity he hasn't got a magic carpet that would take him to outer space, maybe he could take Paul McKenna with him.:54:

Uri passes off age old magic tricks as proof of his 'supernatural' powers. The trouble is that he doesn't know many magic tricks and the old, old, 'draw a picture and I will guess' is trotted out time after time after time.

Has he bent a fork yet? That's an old magic trick too...don't you think that divine powers would give you slightly better abilities like curing cancer or predicting terrorist attacks?

Years ago when he was on This Morning he did the draw a picture trick and so I joined in. My first picture was a Star of David and I crossed it out and then drew a house. What was really spooky was he then showed his pictures and he had first drawn a Star of David and crossed it out and then drew a house.... It was sooo spooky!

http://www.simon-jones.org.uk/articles/uri_geller_how.htm

This makes for interesting reading.

I read somewhere (cannot find the source now) that if a person is asked to draw a simple line drawing (and is probably under time pressure to do so) they will draw a house/flower/happy face/simple geometric shape. It's a matter of knowing psychology and I think Mr Gellar is vey good at tapping into that.

Uri passes off age old magic tricks as proof of his 'supernatural' powers. The trouble is that he doesn't know many magic tricks and the old, old, 'draw a picture and I will guess' is trotted out time after time after time.

Has he bent a fork yet? That's an old magic trick too...don't you think that divine powers would give you slightly better abilities like curing cancer or predicting terrorist attacks?

The canteen staff when I was at school loathed him- there were trays full of mangled cutlery, not bent by supernatural means but by little thugs try to emulate Mr Geller.

Whilst I used to be sceptical about Uri and dowsing etc. I was doing the old wedding ring trick on my work colleague to tell the sex of her baby when she was pregnant. My boss said that as I was able to do this it was not the trick but me, and lent me a book on dowsing. I have since been able to do all sorts of 'dowsing' tricks and I am really spooked out by it as I obviously have this 'power' and I was not even trying to make it work - I had to stop reading and doing it as it was too spooky. I don't like all that sort of stuff - but do now appreciate that it can be done.

My husband was doing voluntary security duty at an event where Uri Geller (among others) was attending. After the event, Uri Geller came up to my husband, shook his hand and thanked him for giving up his whole day for this cause. As he shook hubbie's hand his ear-piece stopped working and eventually started working about 15 minutes later. Spooky....

I've just finished reading a great book - "The attack of the unsinkable rubber ducks" by Christopher Brookmyre - it's a novel but has some really interesting info about how "psychics" can con people - very enlightening as well as entertaining.

Latest posts

Back