Does anyone rate the sex+the city giant silver diamond ring?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lindenning

Registered Shopper
:flower:Hi All

Just saw auction this am for 42CTS DIAMOND STERLING SILVER RING Code: FCJS02 http://www.gems.tv/Jewellery/242cts-Diamond-Sterling-Silver-Ring/Design-FCJS02.aspx

Frankly I was astonished by the hugh price for a silver ring!

Has anyone bought this ring and if so, was it worth the £440 price tag?

Is there a customer forum on Gems site any longer?

Would like to hear from anyone who purchased ring.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Lin

Can't say I like either the ring or the price but I just stress this is just IMHO. If anyone does like it,I would never say you are wrong because it would be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff.

PJ

Personally I wouldn`t pay such a high price for a silver ring and QVC have loads of similar styles in silver for a tenth of the price. It isn`t a style for everyday wear I shouldn`t think so the cocktail rings on QVC would cut the same dash and the remaining £400 could be spent on more jewellery lol

I haven't purchased the ring but if you break down the cost (and I know on the face of it, it's high), you have 2.42ct of diamonds. If they have life and sparkle then £400 for them alone is good! Then add in nearly 14g of silver (which is a heavy ring). Again, with silver prices rising that's not bad.

So on the stats alone the ring is worth the money BUT the diamonds would have to perform. If the diamonds are dull, cloudy, grey then the ring won't perform and will look like gravel on your hand. If you like the design and size why not get it for a look - that's really the only way to judge the performance.

Good luck and please let us know if you get it.

14 Grams of 22.2 karat Silver on the open market is worth approximately £7 to £8. depending on the market. From the photograph the diamonds looks dull and lifeless. If you really like the design you could always buy it to see what it looks like on you but for the price of it with 2.42ct of diamonds I would say they are very poor quality. I don't know what their return policy is like as I stopped buying from them a long time ago. Good Luck.

Well just judging from the rather 'grey' picture in the link, I'm not sure I'd even want it as a gift. No sir!
If those diamonds, and they do put pretty low grade ones in silver, are anything like the quality of the supposedly AA Tanzanite ring I received recently, which more resembled a pale Aquamarine, then it's a no no from me. :doh:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/97547370/14k-white-gold-diamond-and-sapphire

Hope this works because I`ve never posted a link before but this is just to give you an idea of what you could find for the same money and in a similar style. I`ve recently had a ring made for me from someone on Etsy and it`s beautiful. Shop around before you jump in with Gems, watching Gems kind of sucks you in I think and often there`s better quality out there for the same price.

Thanks for all your response on ring.

I think Vienna is right, watching Gems does suck one in, so I don't think I will be purchasing it.

All the other people are right too, for the money, the diamonds and silver aren't worth the high price tag.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Lin

Latest posts

Back