Proto-Col, misleading sizes and the price of postage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

marino5549

Registered Shopper
I recently bought the 'silver' option of Proto-Col (the one that came with the capsules, hand cream, moisturing facial gel and the collagen eye filler) and only noticed today that the face & hand products are in tiny quantities. I had put the products on a shelf near a window and as I was passing I noticed that the hand cream only filled a third of the packaging. Two thirds of it was empty air. Similarly the moisturing facial gel is only half filled in its container as is the collagen eye filler. When you view the products on the TV they look substantial but the containers are hardly filled at all. Has anyone else noticed this? The hand cream is in a big container and yet it's only 40ml and takes up only a third of the container. I think this is a ploy to make us think we're getting more than we actually are. And, to post this lot cost £5.99! Unbelievable.

We noticed this too. We've been buying Protocol for years and purchased a set some time ago with the hand cream included. After a few squirts it ran out and it wasn't until further investigation it was spotted that the container says 40ml on it. The tube could easily hold 150ml. It's very misleading. Not that I'm defending Protocol for it, but I've noticed lots of other brands doing similar things too. Such as thick clear plastic tubes that magnify what's inside, thin, water consistency, lots of airspace and lots of empty packaging. The whole industry seems to be one big exercise in trying to pull the wool over consumers' eyes. And they charge a fortune for the privilege!

Latest posts

Back