Ellis and Chef Tony last night's Todays special value

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
Did you see Ellis on last night with "Chef Tony" rambling on about the brilliant,excellent, outstanding and amazing customer service Ideal World offer which is why "Chef Tony" has gone into collaboration with them.
He has obviously never tried contacting their customer service department.
It was cringe making watching her you would have thought that she had never seen a stick blender before.
Any way I thought that Bamix was the best thing since sliced bread in stick blenders, how they now have the bare faced cheek to stand there saying "this is the best blender we have EVER brought to you on Ideal World" I don't know.
I only watched for 5 minutes before I had to turn over I was so embarrassed, by the love in they were having.
The blender was no way worth what they were charging for it may be £35-50 depending on where you buy it from.
Yet another I.W ripoff.
How they manage to stay in business always amazes me not the outstanding customer service!!

Last night the machine failed to work on three separate occasions.

Cue chef Tony doing an impression of a startled rabbit, while muttering "unbelievable" under his breath, followed by cut to video or the presenter rushing away from the scene of the crime and waffling, before returning to chef Tony with either a completely different dish, or one he made earlier.

Comic gold, we kept rewinding the program and had tears of laughter running down our cheeks, it's probably being uploaded to youtube as we speak.

It also failed on this mornings show, but by now they had the "pretend nothing's wrong" routine off to a t.

I can't believe anybody watching this could possibly think it was worth buying, even if it was £30 - £40.

That stick blender was noisy too. Not sure it would last that long. Ideal World were dipping the presenters microphones while it was in use in the part of the show I saw

In the 11:00 show Chef Super Mario was in the process of saying that he selected IW for it's Quality, Value and C… when he must have had an in ear reminder of which channel he was on. Ellis quickly came in with Family, Fun and Friendship or some crap like that. What a hoot.

As for the Good Housekeeping Institute. I could not find the item referenced on their site but I didn't spend too long looking!

Personally I am very happy with my Bamix which I bought on Amazon for much less than QV.. I mean Ideal World were selling it for

Stuart

Loen said even though she's not a big fish eater, she'd never seen anything as wonderful as his salmon fritters. Well I love eating fish but if I was about to throw up, the sight of them would do it.

And what were the 'friends' doing there at the end of the counter?

omg what a massive mistake this was for ideal world. First off Chef Tony has no qualifactions so calling him self chef is wrong, the machine has broke 3+ times and the food look disgusting and the QVC blunder was the last nail in the coffin.

It made for awkward viewing especially when the two tasters were being made to give their highly exaggerated opinion on just some blended foods.

That stick blender was noisy too. Not sure it would last that long. Ideal World were dipping the presenters microphones while it was in use in the part of the show I saw

In the 11:00 show Chef Super Mario was in the process of saying that he selected IW for it's Quality, Value and C… when he must have had an in ear reminder of which channel he was on. Ellis quickly came in with Family, Fun and Friendship or some crap like that. What a hoot.

As for the Good Housekeeping Institute. I could not find the item referenced on their site but I didn't spend too long looking!

Personally I am very happy with my Bamix which I bought on Amazon for much less than QV.. I mean Ideal World were selling it for

Stuart

You are right about that blender being noisy, I thought the noise was coming through the window from outside, thought someone was cutting grass or something. Can you imagine using that to make something in the middle of the night.:eek: it will wake the whole neighbourhood :nod:!

Latest posts

Back