Possibility possibly posing as Philosophy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
So funny! The range looks exactly like the Philosophy range. Calling it Possibility is too ridiculous. If it's a decent product it should be able to sell under it's own steam and not have to pretend it's something it's not.

Great alliteration petpixie :happy:

Peter Simon was just selling these, £14.99 for 10 x 525ml bottles. He was being a bit odd...no change there :thinking:

There is quite an amusing '23 Hilariously Bad Knockoff Brands' list if you google it - I think they should add this as no. 24, it's definitely worthy of meeting the criteria for inclusion! :mysmilie_458:

So funny! The range looks exactly like the Philosophy range. Calling it Possibility is too ridiculous. If it's a decent product it should be able to sell under it's own steam and not have to pretend it's something it's not.

After much philosophising, I conclude that the possibility that you are possibly suggesting that Possibility is possibly hanging on the coat-tails of Philosophy is probably perfectly correct. xxxxxxxxx

i strangely fancy giving these a try

There aren't that many products I see on the channels which I think "oh they're good" etc. but these do look good. Even as display pieces, these would look good on a shelf etc. I wonder if they smell as good as they say :)

The question is are we fools for buying Philosophy or idiots for paying Bid prices for psuedo Philosophy when we can get it for virtually nowt in Poundland if we weren't telly shopping addicts?

Exactly. That's why I'm asking Benny. I am sure he buys loads of stuff from Sit-up.

Exactly. That's why I'm asking Benny. I am sure he buys loads of stuff from Sit-up.

I haven't bought from the TV side of Bid Shopping since Christmas 2010! lol

I bought 2 things on the bid website earlier this year, as it was £5.99 P&P per basket, and I often buy from Ocean Tree Trading, (their ebay page)

Criticising this brand for looking like another is like criticising Primark for making a version of the latest catwalk trend. It's an affordable alternative which smells amazing - that's it. I don't make any claims except they look and smell amazing - which they do.

They look good, and I'm sure that they smell good in the bottle. Personally, I don't care if they're dressed up to look like a well known brand. I'd never buy Philosophy any way, they charge £18 for a bath/shower gel which is less than 400ml, sod that, no bath product imo is worth that kind of money! However, there are a lot of middle range products eg "source" that come in wonderful scents, the scent when you run the bath fills the whole house, the bubbles are plentiful and long lasting, but the packaging makes the products look like groceries,not gifts. With these as good value as they seem, without trying them first, I would worry that I would end up with a load of bottles that look good but contain an inferior quality product,and I would suspect that with so much for your money, the quality's going to be a bit "iffy".
An example of this, is Bayliss and Harding....the stuff looks absolutely amazing, and really giftable, and the prices seem unreal, however I have received a couple of gifts from well meaning friends from them and they really were pretty poor quality, even the bath scrunchie that came in one of the sets started to unravel as soon as I used it, the bubbles had pretty much disintegrated before I 'd even got into the bath, and the smell, well despite purporting to be mandarin and grapefruit was non existent....you could only smell it if you literally shoved the bottle right up under your nose!
A real false economy. The other gift I got was a dressing gown and bath salts and again the quality was awful the robe was pretty much threadbare before I started.

Having said that, if there's a "possibility" of still getting it cheap at new look or poundland even....I wouldn't mind trying it, 'cause if it is cr*p you haven't wasted a lot of money!

The question is are we fools for buying Philosophy or idiots for paying Bid prices for psuedo Philosophy when we can get it for virtually nowt in Poundland if we weren't telly shopping addicts?

They sell this range in Poundland? Grr...just been in there! Wish I had known. I like Philosophy for their textures but the fragrance dies as soon as it escape from the bottle :(

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Criticising this brand for looking like another is like criticising Primark for making a version of the latest catwalk trend. It's an affordable alternative which smells amazing - that's it. I don't make any claims except they look and smell amazing - which they do.

But you never see Primark making out like they are anything but a cheap alternative. Can you say the same about bid? Nope.

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Latest posts

Back