Bid tv please let peter simon go home!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mediamyster

Registered Shopper
I was absolutely shocked when I saw Peter Simon on "Bid" earlier... He looked thinner and more skeletal than ever!
What on earth is wrong with him? He didn't look fit to work. Bid shopping seem to have him on air everyday, to me it just looks as if he needs a very long rest in bed!

This is very interesting if you type Peter Simon Bid TV into Google it gives you the following suggestions in order:

Peter Simon Weight Loss
Peter Simon Quotes
Peter Simon Facebook
Peter Simon Cancer
Peter Simon Gay

Would appear people are genuinely concerned about his appearance if Weight Loss and Cancer are the 1st and 4th most searched about him.

Please don't take this the wrong way everybody, and after all it is none of our business, however, it seems to be becoming more noticeable as days go on.

He's actually now "alarming" to look at, dare I say as bad as the late great Freddie Mercury in his last stages of life... And we know what he died of!

Please don't take this the wrong way everybody, and after all it is none of our business, however, it seems to be becoming more noticeable as days go on.

He's actually now "alarming" to look at, dare I say as bad as the late great Freddie Mercury in his last stages of life... And we know what he died of!

Let's not start speculating publically just yet. He is getting to look more and more like a tortoise everytime I see him, the way that thin little neck pokes out of his collar. I have to admit though, that as soon as I turn on and see him, I turn off again. It's like watching a train crash... you feel uncomfortable about watching it

Well he has said he looks the way he does because of medication and he has said he's asked Peter Sherlock to sort something out for his neck as he has used that apple stem stuff on his eyes and he is very pleased with the results.

I don't think he's lost any more weight in the last few months that I've been watching him. Poor bloke still has to earn a living I suppose. I bet he'd love to have a good long rest.

While I don't think it's right to speculate about the specific nature of any illness Peter may be suffering from (that is, if he is suffering from one), it is incredibly sad to see how unwell he looks these days.

I find it difficult to watch him these days, not because of his selling techniques, but because of how unwell he is appearing. Like a lot of people on this board, I've been watching bid for over a decade, and remember the good old days where Peter was full of life, full of energy and was genuinely funny. It just feels 'wrong' in some way to watch someone who was once bid's most popular presenter slowly decline.

If Peter is suffering from something, I hope he's able to get the best treatment out there, and I hope he can make a full recovery.

It is not just how he looks but is presenting has gone downhill too. His opening monologue is just odd, he stumbles through most sales and can't pronounce the simplest of names.

PJ

If the management are reading this, I seriously think for Peter's benefit, he should be given paid leave. If Peter doesn't want to take time off, the late shifts can't be doing his health any good. The 11.30am-3.00pm/3.00pm-6.30pm shifts would be more suitable - there's less pressure on sales figures at that time of day, too. The pressure to sell massive quantities of rubbish would take its toll on anyone.. maybe moving to price-drop/speed auction would help him?

If the management are reading this... maybe moving to price-drop/speed auction would help him?

Do you really think they would put him on speed auction? He is on the lates on fri/saturday night, and 6:30-10 on Sunday, as they would be the most popular times! There is no way bid would change his shifts unless sales figures were suffering.

Do you really think they would put him on speed auction? He is on the lates on fri/saturday night, and 6:30-10 on Sunday, as they would be the most popular times! There is no way bid would change his shifts unless sales figures were suffering.

I think what uglysofa is trying to say is that it would be tasteful of bid shopping to let the man have some 'winding down' time, which in no ways needs to be permanent.

Oh Jesus, Ben. Stop sounding so condescending, and up yourself. We all know you'll defend bid shopping until the bitter end.

Peter Simon is clearly suffering, and has - as far as I know - done more live hours for bid shopping than any other presenter on the channel. I would hope that the management would show a bit of compassion for once, rather than focusing on squeezing every penny out of him before he becomes too unwell to present.

(If Graham or any moderators are reading, apologies if I've overstepped the mark, but I don't appreciate being spoken down to like that.)

But that would involve showing a heart, PJ. Something the management at bid shopping don't seem to have!

Saw this on FB

Well you heard it from the man himself! If you missed it, Peter Simon himself just thanked everyone for their kind words and said that he "is fine, and is now on the mend and things are beginning to get back to normality". I think I speak for quite a lot of people when I say... PHEW!! Here's to Peter's health!

I'm quite disturbed by this thread. Unless I've missed something here, maybe PS doesn't want to slow down. For many people doing this kind of work and who consider themselves "showbiz" it's a way of life and they'd be unhappy not working. Much as I'm no fan of his or the sit-ups, I think it's morally wrong to play guessing games with someone else's life and to blame their employer when we don't know the curcumstances, all in public. If PS were to tell us that he's not allowed to stop and is being forced to work the hours he does, or something similar, I'd be top of the queue fighting for him. xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back