The large lady who demonstrates cleaning aids etc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh for goodness sakes :( She just said 'large' she didnt say 'elephantine' or 'enormous' or 'jumbo'. What is the world coming to when we can no longer refer to someone as 'large'??? I am genuinely agape here that you find 'large' offensive!!!

Why couldn't she just put "the cleaning lady from ideal world" Would you describe someone as the small lady from ideal world??

I know you've said how good she looks now she's lost weight, but I think the title of this thread is appalling!!!

Please tell me you are joking that you are offended by the word 'large' in the title?

Even if the word 'fat' was used, that's not offensive, it's a statement of fact (or was)!!

Yes I would use small, or thin, or GOD FORBID, black, chinese or asian. There are several cleaning ladies on IW too, hang on....are we allowed to say 'ladies' or should we be refering to them as 'that person who is of completely equal standing to any other person, who might or might not have a certain coloured hair, may or may not be male, female or any other they, as equals see fit to call themselves, who cleans, but of course this is not an indication 'they' are a 'cleaning' person, in so much as.........' :p

Why couldn't she just put "the cleaning lady from ideal world" Would you describe someone as the small lady from ideal world??

It is non PC to use the term cleaning lady... the term is now 'domestic technician' SHAME ON YOU for not knowing that! have you any idea of the hurt and humiliation you have caused bu using that filthy and derogatory description? Where will it all end. I ask myself, with insensative people like you around.

Love from Julia 'large lady and domestic technician to my family'

Size doesn't come into it in our house......we affectionately call her the "gobby Brummie with breathing difficulties" :rock:

I don't have a problem with the title of the thread either. Had she said Lardarse, or obese even, it would have been different!

If I were large I don't think I'd like a thread title pointing it out. I wouldn't refer to someone using a term that may possibly be hurtful to them but that's just me.

If I were large I don't think I'd like a thread title pointing it out. I wouldn't refer to someone using a term that may possibly be hurtful to them but that's just me.

Surely a woman her size is aware she's large anyway? The fact is she IS large.

Latest posts

Back