Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - Rose & Lavender Prince's Trust Special

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Curiousity will get the better of me, especially as I am back on the original and loving it. It seems pricey, but I will probably go for it.

I think it's a bit odd that they're introducing new ingredients into what they always describe as an 'all-rounder' for all skin types, we only need one cleanser etc....

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Does anyone have anymore info on this special edition 'cleans and polish' I'd hate to miss it x

I am trying it out, as my skin doesn't like the regular C & P. It is 150ml size and is supposed to be great at night, with its calming lavender. They are suggesting that regular for zing in the AM and this at night. My concern would be that after this special edition, will they continue to make it? The texture is the same as C&P. To me there really isn't much fragrance at all, I wasn't bowled over by either rose or lavender, maybe what I smelled was more of the rosemary. Would I buy again? Probably not, there are cheaper alternatives these days.

BUT

With my package I got a sample of the new fragrance, Botanical Essence no. 15. Anyone else tried it? Very woody, spicey to me. The blurb says it is a blend of: bergamot, virginian cedarwood, patchouli, guaiacwood, sandalwood, tonka bean, cypriol, siam benzion, damask rose, elemi, cinnamon leaf, clove bud, pink pepper, bourbon vanilla, vetiver . It is seeming to last a long time on me, which is a change, but it is definitely much "heavier" than No.1. Anyone else trying it?

Last edited:
Hello
I have a sample of the new fragrance - its much more woody spicy thean the original and has much better lasting power - I put it on at noon today and its now 10 past 8 and just starting to fade. I picked up on the patchouli but other half said it smells like vanilla?! He also said it smells like the men's aftershave farenheit.

It's really heady and sensual but I think the original has the edge for me although I wouldn't complain if someone bought it for me :)

Hello
I have a sample of the new fragrance - its much more woody spicy thean the original and has much better lasting power - I put it on at noon today and its now 10 past 8 and just starting to fade. I picked up on the patchouli but other half said it smells like vanilla?! He also said it smells like the men's aftershave farenheit.

It's really heady and sensual but I think the original has the edge for me although I wouldn't complain if someone bought it for me :)

I shall probably have to try the new one then! I have & do wear her first one, although I have never smelt anything past the initial citrusy hit of the first one & that soon disappears, which is a little disappointing but......my OH loves it on me & if asked, would pick that as his favourite of the various scents I wear.......that is, as in really likes it....! :happy:

I shall probably have to try the new one then! I have & do wear her first one, although I have never smelt anything past the initial citrusy hit of the first one & that soon disappears, which is a little disappointing but......my OH loves it on me & if asked, would pick that as his favourite of the various scents I wear.......that is, as in really likes it....! :happy:

My OH likes the original but it's other peeps for me who have commented on it. I've never had so many "what fragrance are you wearing" questions whilst wearing botanical essence no1 but it is quite pricey and I love to spritz all the time. I agree the no1 doesn't last all that well considering it's an eau de parfum but I find it just lovely, relaxing, not heavy (although I do quite like some headier fragrances) and I get the floral coming through when I've had it on for a while.

BTW I have no idea what farenheit smells like so don't know how the no15 new LE fragrance would compare :)

According to the Beauty Bible, it's a difference in fragrance, that's all

Rebecca’s idea was to alter not the cocoa-butter-rich cleanser itself but the fragrance, creating a delightful soft floral scent with lavender essential oil (only the best, high-altitude stuff, of course) and Damask rose
http://www.beautybibleloves.com/

Ive been using it for the past week, although I do like it...the smell is devine, I much prefer the original. x

Just received my order of the new cleanse and polish and got the sample of the new fragrance
it reminds me of something else but I cant think what it is, definately a masculine fragrance I think

Had a spritz of the new fragrance yesterday (courtesy of John Lewis) - not for me I am afraid. Lasts very well but smells of men's aftershave on me.

Latest posts

Back