A very sad day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Milly

Registered Shopper
This is the day we have been dreading for quite a long time our beautiful girl Milly has been put to sleep she took a turn for the worse and we had to admit that the time had come to say goodbye to her you just know in your heart when the time is right .
She has been poorly with a thyroid problem and water infections and her breathing was becoming laboured the vet suspected a growth in her lung she was 18years old and such a gentle sweet little thing and we did'nt want her to suffer so this was'nt a hard decision as such but god we are going to miss her so much.
Its almost exactly a year since we lost her brother Bertie who they think had a growth in his stomach or lung he was 17 years old so its hard to remember life without a cat but I think we need a break for a while before thinking about whether we get another cat some day.

I'm so sorry Milly, I know the awful ache you have right now. I'm dreading losing my eldest cat one day, we're so attached to each other.

You're right to have a break, but not for too long I hope.

I am so sorry that you have lost Milly as pet owners it is the hardest thing we ever have to do but it is also the most loving.
Take time to remember her and Bertie then in time you may find you have space in your hearts for another furry friend not to replace Bertie and Milly, but something to love and who will love you back.

So sorry for the loss of your very special furry friend and companion, it's a heartbreaking time I know. I hope it won't be too long before your dreadful pain eases and you'll feel able to focus more on the good times you shared over the years. xxx

Oh, I'm so sorry, Milly.

It's been three weeks today since we had to say goodbye to our cat Sasha, and you feel utterly raw and wretched, don't you?

My advice is to just take things gently, give yourself some time to grieve, and space to breathe.

If you're thinking of getting another cat, you can bet that when the time is right, there'll be one out there ready and waiting to give you just as much love as Milly and Bertie. Cats have an uncanny knack of knowing where to find the very best owners - and you're one of the best.

Aww I'm sorry too, and to hear of the other losses. So sad Xx

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Am so sorry to hear of your loss Milly and also sublime

Its a hard thing to let them go but best for her in the end

Its almost 4 years ago since we had to make a similar decision and let our 16 year old cat go
but we brought two kittens in to our family 3 years ago and we talk about their "big sister"
and what she would have made of the two lovable rogues that we have now

I am sure when the time is right you will find room in your heart and your home for a new cat (or 2)

Sad indeed, but you made the right decision.
I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you and your greatest act of love was letting her go.
Chin up.

I bet, like me, you have people who say that when they come back they are coming back as your cat!!!!! You have had a hard decision, you now are dealing with the loss and grief, I wish you enough! ms x

I'm so sorry Milly ~ life goes on but we always keep a special place in our hearts for our beloved pets who have had to leave us. Take care xxxxx

Thanks to everyone for your very kind words I've had a good cry reading your lovely posts and its nice to know you all understand how awful it is to have to say goodbye to a much loved pet I know a lot of people will think its only a cat but as you all know it is'nt it's something much more special than that .I've buried her next to Bertie at the back of my wide flower border under the shade of a big cherry tree were they both used to curl up in the warm weather and we sit under the tree in the summer so they're not far away .I'm sure when the time is right we will have another cat as I cant think of a time in my life when I've not had a pet and I must say I do love cats best.

Latest posts

Back