New Delivery Charges = Price Increase!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
Ok, now I may be in a bad mood today but correct me if I'm wrong ..........

There are now 2 delivery options stated on the basket page. £5.95 delivered 3-4 days after you've ordered OR a premium service of £6.95 delivered in the fastest way possible but you can still add to your order up to 24 hours before the item is shipped.

Errrrrrrr, excuse me if I'm wrong but the £6.95 option sounds like the normal delivery to me. Talk about trying to put in a price hike by the back door and hiding it!

:mad: :( :mad:

Interesting..... doesn't look like CityLink to me? - maybe one option is Royal Mail?

Not convinced about this!

I've just spoke to a personal shopper and been told they are not using City Link anymore from any orders placed from now onwards said they are using another courier service was then told the 3-5 day service delivery doesn't specify a day can be any day between day 3 or 5 day after order been dispatched!!! only the 'premium' service offers a selected day and they deliver anytime between 7.30am and 7.30pm don't think I am liking the sound of this:eek:

Sounds like all this may well lead to (more) customer dissatisfaction! Its bad enough having to wait in all day for CL to deliver, but if you don't even know which day......well!

If they knocked on my door at 7.30am they'd be wasting their time...
...I'm not an early riser.

Oh rats! I really like my City Link van man - he's really friendly and helpful and I really hate with TJC now never knowing what day things are going to be delivered now it's no longer special delivery.

Presumably now the poor presenters will have to say 'and this can be with you some time in the future, depending on how much you pay and whether you're lucky enough to be in or not'?

oh Rats! I Really Like My City Link Van Man - He's Really Friendly And Helpful And I Really Hate With Tjc Now Never Knowing What Day Things Are Going To Be Delivered Now It's No Longer Special Delivery.

presumably Now The Poor Presenters Will Have To Say 'and This Can Be With You Some Time In The Future, Depending On How Much You Pay And Whether You're Lucky Enough To Be In Or Not'?

That made me ROFL

It is most likely to do with the present economic climate and fuel charges.

It is most likely to do with the present economic climate and fuel charges.

A lot of companies like City Link are putting their prices up because of the increase in the cost of fuel.

In fact I ordered something recently from somewhere (can't remember where though, it is really going to bug me till I remember who) and their delivery charge had gone up quite a bit.

Yes - there is a god!!
emot88.gif

So Long, Farewell, Aufedersein, Goodbye Mr Sh*ttylink
3D Smiles (197).jpg

Maybe now I'll get a courier who actually delivers my parcels instead of just taking them for a day trip in the van!
3D Smiles (142).jpg

Yes - there is a god!!
emot88.gif

So Long, Farewell, Aufedersein, Goodbye Mr Sh*ttylink
3D Smiles (197).jpg

Maybe now I'll get a courier who actually delivers my parcels instead of just taking them for a day trip in the van!
3D Smiles (142).jpg

There's always one isn't there. :(

My CL driver was called Dave. He was a single father, looking after a disabled ex war hero father and two young children. His wife was killed in a typhoon in Wednesbury. He coped well with the Tourettes and the facial disfigurement but you could see he relied on the small income City Link provided to give his children the luxury of a black and white TV. I shall miss him and his knock-knock jokes but I guess that's progress. :mad:

I won't get chance to say goodbye.

Well! I'm not liking this one at all. I used to like the fact i knew what day Mr CL would bring my package, and could arrange to be in for the most part on that day! Cl (imo) were allways very reliable and i don't think i ever missed a delivery from them, that said, hubby received a ring last week and it was'nt my usual fab CL man, but another who told me he has now left for a "better job" so reliability from reg CL man would have been lost.

Gems, the whole knowing what day your parcel would arrive was one of your better aspects of CS..why mess with it??!!!

CL were always brilliant for me too.

Strangely my CL man was also called Dave - he gets around! He always came at a time when he knew I'd be in and stopped for a natter. The good thing about Gems was knowing when the delivery was going to be and changing it if it didn't fit. Now, it looks like we have to pay for that privilege. :mad:

I'm sorry that they're changing couriers too. My CL man was such a happy chappy and sad person that I am, when I woke up in the morning knowing that I'd be getting my Gems delivery that day, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Blimey Meesh, you're up early! lol

I'm sorry that they're changing couriers too. My CL man was such a happy chappy and sad person that I am, when I woke up in the morning knowing that I'd be getting my Gems delivery that day, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Blimey Meesh, you're up early! lol

The postman came at 7.15 this morning to deliver my new Fitflops and a birthday pressie for the little 'un!!! I need COFFEE!

The postman came at 7.15 this morning to deliver my new Fitflops and a birthday pressie for the little 'un!!! I need COFFEE!

Awwww how sweet. She's going to be all grown up just like her Mum. I've got my Fitflops on the way too (the sparkly ones of course!) - Wohoo! M xx

Last edited:
I've got into the habit of being "up and ready" early in a morning since Mr CL knocked on the door at 7am one morning! Eek! I've also found that the other channel's courier arrives at around 7.10 am also!

I've got into the habit of being "up and ready" early in a morning since Mr CL knocked on the door at 7am one morning! Eek! I've also found that the other channel's courier arrives at around 7.10 am also!

They have a knack of turning up when I'm at work (every time) and then it's about 52 weeks until they can deliver again! :D

There's always one isn't there. :(

My CL driver was called Dave. He was a single father, looking after a disabled ex war hero father and two young children. His wife was killed in a typhoon in Wednesbury. He coped well with the Tourettes and the facial disfigurement but you could see he relied on the small income City Link provided to give his children the luxury of a black and white TV. I shall miss him and his knock-knock jokes but I guess that's progress. :mad:

I won't get chance to say goodbye.

BC you really got me there!
sad-027.gif

I felt awful when I read this then it dawned on me!! I've just had the urine well and truly extracted!!
hahaha-024.gif

Too early in the morning for me!
asleep-045.gif

Please tell me you were joking - weren't you?!!
3d-paranoid.gif

Last edited:
Another blow. Thinking back at all our recent complaints about Gems, is it my imagination or are they becoming more and more similar to TJC?

Latest posts

Back