no call back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JUST BUY!

Registered Shopper
hello peeps - just wanted to say hello first as i just registered
today - although i`ve been reading all your great posts for a while now.

just wanted to ask if anyone had NOT recieved a call back from Bid after hearing a confirmation msg
when ordering that said congratulation you`ve bought it.

this happened to me on sunday night when placing an order for elizabeth arden splendor perfume on sunday night with Peter Simon at about 8pm
i came in right at start coz it was for a present so the price

still stated about £59 but it subsequently mega dropped.
they are usually quite quick in calling back and i wanted the call back so didnt enter my code as i wished to send it to a different address.

i rang customer services yesterday and told they would send a note through to somebody and i should then get call - nothing.

so to

d
-its good but it not like big blocks of text entry and cuts u off mid flow - very annoying!

what i was going to say was i called bidtv again today and spoke to a
terribly rude customer service agent who firstly asked what i bid-
i said i rang up and pressed 1 - how cld i specify a bid? then he said did
your name appear on screen - i said it megadropped and was over very quickly
i dont think they had chance to put names on screen!

i asked him to confirm everything else i had ordered that day totalling about £200
he did this so i said i think i should cancel those ordersbecause of the poor service and having to
wait 5 days for assistance.

but he said i couldnt as they had already been

Last edited:
hi sorry i was trying to say at start of thst bit that my msgs get cut off
because i dont have a computer and i use an ideal world pocket surfer! it good but limited and seems to hate managing blocks of text entry so apolgies for disjointed posts - please bear with me!

the rude customer service agent said i couldnt cancel my other orders as they had already been processed - i didnt think this was legal with distance selling

and seems to me a ploy to despatch the products so that u are more likely to keep them as you wld already have paid delivery charges and would also have to pay to return them.

can anyone confirm if this is legal and if anyone has had similar problems with bid?

many thanks and apologies for the disjointed entries hope it wasnt too confusing!

It's completely legal. They've processed the order which means it's in a queue to be dispatched. Most companies have huge procedures - and bid.tv/price-drop and speed auction sell tens of thousands of products a day combined - so it's hardly plausible for them to pull a product from their warehouse everytime someone cancels an order after processing. It would require a whole other tier in their dispatch process.

There's nothing stopping you from returning it though :1:

Hi, I managed to get a megadrop on Sunday and they didn't call me back until Monday afternoon.

Your name should be on the winners board on the website. If it is, ring them back and tell them! They should then be able to process your order.

I know this is nothing to do with bid-tv but....
Remember I-buy?
I phoned up and pressed hash for a limited edition signed football shirt - it was my first ever purchase i made with them, but i never received a call back
Needless to say i never bought from them again.

The same happened to me

Hi, Im new and apologise for the length of this post.., but have read the forum alot before, I had to Join so I could say I also bought an item on sunday which dropped to £1 and got the "congratulations you re a winner..you will receive an email shortly|" page.
I didnt print it as my printer i offline, and when i didnt get an email I also couldnt find that page in my internet history.

I rang (if you can call it) customer services on sunday evening, who said that my account wasnt showing that I had won anything , they said, if id pre-bid it didnt count.. HOWEVER, I didnt pre-bid, and had watched the item live on air, I bought it on the web at the time it was on air and at the price it was showing on air and on the web before it megadropped..

I also pointed out that actually, that day you couldnt pre-bid anyway because every item listed for the day ahead when you went to the items full page description it said "sorry this product is unavailable".. which is why I had to wait for the item to be live on the tv, and in the "now on air" section of the web..

Incidentally, the item was a winnie the pooh dinner service which aired about 11.50am.

The cust service said theyd pass it to the internet team.

I also pointed out that the item was not showing anywhere in completed listins, 21.09.08 (and as i write now it still isnt)... but it does show many , - in fact most other completed items as closed at £1 which i know did NOT as I watched them on air and their close prices on the tv were normal!

so, today I rung them to check the progress, and was informed they looked into it and I didnt win the item!

I am wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll angry, I bought the item on its tv airing, not pre-bid, I WISH TO GOD id printed that "you are a winner" page.

I told them I wasnt having it and I would like to know the names of who did win, and she said to check the web .. I said THAT ITEM ISNT ON THE WEB AS A CLOSED ITEM! I COULDNT HAVE PRE-BID COS YOUR WEBSITE WAS SHOWING ALL ITEMS AHEAD AS UNAVAIL, I WATCHED IT WITH MY OWN EYES!

I GIVE UP!

Its obvious to me that the website was stuffed that day and they are too stupid to know what theyre doing to try and realise this.

IVE BEEN SKANKED TOTALLY.

Hi and welcome Justbuy.

If these parcels turn up don't accept them - then you won't have to pay to return them. (That's what bidup told me to do when I had an argument with them years ago!)

SuzyGlam.......just wanted to say that i totally relate to the 'missing' megadrop syndrome that bid.tv seem have developed quite seriously...I've had quite a few over the last few weeks and no emails and the missing bidders lists are a frequent problem also.It makes me wonder if they're just taking the phone call money and giving out no megadrops.its so totally dishonest and makes me think lying buggers! when you put that with the presenters implying every item is a megadrop, they're playing really dirty.(even had one megadrop tonight that has disappeared from all lists!:mad:).I give up:mad::mad::mad::mad:

i saw a phone that megadropped this morning...samsung e900, that I did actually want,(at any price), which didn't even open on the tv..he showed the item and before the details came on the music changed and when the details finally appeared it was closed and had a £1 megadrop thing on it,...this is so dodgy!!! who says its not fixed and people dont know when they are, obviously some people do! i wondered if thats why they've stopped showing winning bidders lists on the internet because it would probably show the same winners all the time on megadrops!

i saw a phone that megadropped this morning...samsung e900, that I did actually want,(at any price), which didn't even open on the tv..he showed the item and before the details came on the music changed and when the details finally appeared it was closed and had a £1 megadrop thing on it,...this is so dodgy!!! who says its not fixed and people dont know when they are, obviously some people do! i wondered if thats why they've stopped showing winning bidders lists on the internet because it would probably show the same winners all the time on megadrops!

Beleive me its always same winners ive had a lot of megadrops but a couple of weeks ago when you could check winning bidders list it was always same names showing,and im 99%certain some were multiple bids eg man and wife from same household,after the phone calls people have been receiving bid tv seem to have stopped displaying winning megadrop bidders list on website???maybe this was done to stop us genuine bidders from getting megadrops which were for people in the know.

please check previous auctions and be amazed at the £1 tvs,dvd,mp4s etc that have apparently gone earlier.This is rubbish as clearance has a lowest price accepted and a tv would never go anywhere near £1. Either the internet team are dodgy are fixing it for themselves or its a massive tax dodge(we made a loss on all these products) either way something stinks at Bidtv.
please look....there is something so dodgy and no winners boards these items.:mad::mad::mad:

Well, waiting on several call backs for megadrops and other full price items. I even got one megadrop on a mobile that is not registered with situp and still no call back.
As a test bought some bedding from pricedrop and got the call back in less than half an hour!!!!! I can't figure it out
Gordy

please check previous auctions and be amazed at the £1 tvs,dvd,mp4s etc that have apparently gone earlier.This is rubbish as clearance has a lowest price accepted and a tv would never go anywhere near £1. Either the internet team are dodgy are fixing it for themselves or its a massive tax dodge(we made a loss on all these products) either way something stinks at Bidtv.
please look....there is something so dodgy and no winners boards these items.:mad::mad::mad:

this is exactly what id written in my previous post, items do not appear in previous items and now it shows everything went for a pound.. surely that is against the trading standards to show something went cheaper than it did? afterall, how many times do the presenters remind you that they cannot make up things cos they are monitored and will get a huge fine??

i also think alot of megadrops are a scam,
if they didnt used to be i believe so now. yes, ive won some previously, but not won any now in months, the items go so quick (in 2seconds sometimes)

I HAVE FOUND THAT:

1) you dont have time to do redial and press 1, when u try the item is always gone..
(i tried before several times and frankly got sick of giving them £1.50 a time )

2)due to the above point (££1.50 a call) i now buy on the web, which was the only successful way ive won a megadrop (months ago)
i have tried to do the same in recent megadrops but with no luck because now when its megadrops and the item goes to a £1 the web page is sooo blocked you cannot even load the page to confirm your bid. .. sometimes you cant load the item page!

SO IF I CAN NEITHER SEEM TO BE FAST ENOUGH BOTH WAYS, HOW CAN ITEMS GO SO QUICKLY- HALF THE TIME YOU COULDNT EVEN PICK UP A PHONE HANDSET IN TIME-LET ALONE PRESS REDIAL!!

i do take into acount my tv/web may be faster/slower than others but i have a fast connection and digital tv, i assume around 99percent of people would be the same boat as me... i buy the item when either the tv or web shows £1 whichever coes 1st.

my opinon is whilst megadrops entice people to pay hideously over the oods for normal items sit up tv will continue til somebody really can be bothered to take it further.

so that you know, the item i won sunday (should have won) i actually bought with the normal tv price showing because i DID want the item for my son.. it went to a £1 after i bought at the buy now.. sit-up say i never won it.

I definately think this set of megadrops are a scam.

I have tried to phone for several megadrops this weekend only to find the phone lines either saying item sold (when there is still quantity on screen??) or phone lines are not working.

Do they block the phone lines themselves and put the quantity down to zero manually??

Also i think the way they tease us with that £1 coin and the presenter saying "is it going for a pound?" several times, is all wrong......

Last edited:
I honestly beleive some people out there have inside information,i notice alot on a auction that is to be a megadrop say they have 50 items when auction goes live on tv it will show either 48 or 49(escpecially on good megadrops)as buyers or ones in know are in early on web,and the quantity drops even further immedietely,think of all the call charges wasted on a daily basis when megadrops are operating!!!sit up are raking cash in.

Well, waiting on several call backs for megadrops and other full price items. I even got one megadrop on a mobile that is not registered with situp and still no call back.
As a test bought some bedding from pricedrop and got the call back in less than half an hour!!!!! I can't figure it out
Gordy

UPDATE:
I have just had the call back for the megadrop that I got using the mobile phone that is not registered with them, and it all went through ok.
I guess they thought I was a new buyer LOL
Gordy

UPDTE:
i bought an item today which went to £1, again it was an item i wanted, i am buying presents for my sons upcoming birthday, it was a soft toy monkey, i bid on the web (as i did the winnnie the pooh dinner service from my original post) and agAin got the you are a winner page, then it dropped to £1. this time i have print secreened that and copied And pasted the winning buyer page, so if i agAin get told i didnt win it i will take it further cos i now will have proof.

Another update, out of the blue had a callback earlier for the leap pad megadrop from saturday afternoon, wtf, its wednesday!!!!!!!
Very strange.
Gordy

Latest posts

Back