London 2012 Paralympics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
So looking forward to this event which will be the biggest ever staged. Team GB performed brilliantly in Bejiing but this year we could do even better on home soil and the home support will be amazing as it's a sellout. :happy: All of these disabled athletes are totally awe inspiring and I am so looking forward to seeing them. :rock: Schedule below:

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/schedule-and-results/

Have just caught up with last part of the opening ceremony, I fell asleep last night. I'm sad to say I didn't really enjoy it, it was very clever but the music got on my nerves and I found myself getting bored. The adverts didn't help, it's a shame the BBC aren't doing the coverage. Maybe I'm just tired, can't wait to be on holiday after this week.

Fantastic news to win three medals on the first day including our first gold, well done Sarah! :mysmilie_378:

I am really enjoying watching it. My DD and I have been given tickets for the athletics tomorrow evening, so can't wait to go, see the Olympic Park and watch some great athletics in the Olympic Stadium. Looks like a great day out

I'm enjoying it, but I'm afraid the adverts are getting on my wick and I'm not watching as avidly because of them.

Channel 4's coverage is no where near as good as the BBC's was for the Olympics. When I've watched it's a bit hit and miss little of the coverage has been live, they seem to flit from one sport to another and what with the adverts it's difficult to get involved and feel part of it! I don't have cable so perhaps it comes across better with more channels to choose from?

I couldn't agree more about the coverage with Channel 4, they're doing their best but no way should anything as important as this should have slipped out of the BBC's control. Had I realised they had to bid for it I would have organised a whip round!

If you stick with Channel 4 you do see the best bits, eventually in some cases. Luckily, I'm on leave at the moment so it's on in the background. Whether they win or not how proud must their parents feel, they're all amazing, it's very emotional. It's a good job I live alone, not doing my hard nose b*tch image much good! :confused:

Hope you have a great day tomorrow Flamenco, the atmosphere will be amazing!

Frazzled I noticed your footer doesn't have team GB's Paralympics gold medals, I was relying on you to keep me updated with our score! :mysmilie_378:

I couldn't agree more about the coverage with Channel 4, they're doing their best but no way should anything as important as this should have slipped out of the BBC's control. Had I realised they had to bid for it I would have organised a whip round!

If you stick with Channel 4 you do see the best bits, eventually in some cases. Luckily, I'm on leave at the moment so it's on in the background. Whether they win or not how proud must their parents feel, they're all amazing, it's very emotional. It's a good job I live alone, not doing my hard nose b*tch image much good! :confused:

Hope you have a great day tomorrow Flamenco, the atmosphere will be amazing!

Thanks!! I'm sure we will. It will be great for my teenage daughter as something to remember when she's an adult.

Yes, it definitely takes the edge off the atmosphere. I'm watching the quad tennis final - it's thrilling! 1 set all - gone to adverts again!

Now I'm really pi$$ed - annoying female presenter just said they are going to swimming at 5.25, tennis will continue on stream - very useful for those without computers and I get warnings the stream download is risky so not taking the chance. Fingers crossed the final set doesn't take more than 30mins!! :angry:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back