A little bit of amethyst

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pimms

Registered Shopper
I have a lovely pink amethyst ring and pendant from TJC and wanted earrings to go with them. I grabbed these from Gems and am very pleased with them. http://www.gemstv.co.uk/DataSheet.jsp?productid=129427

They are pinker than in the pic, so are just right, and the concave cut makes them very sparkly. Although they are in silver and my other bits are in white gold - well, it just means they were cheaper :1: I'm wearing them now, so there's no going back!

(btw I suppose the concave cut must be a very wasteful cut, as they tend to use it only for the less expensive gems - amethyst and citrine etc. But it's really nice - can you imagine a concave cut paraiba? Yum Yum :11:)

BUT the best bit is that I was able to see straight away that they were right. They were still double bagged and sealed, but the inner bag wasn't folded over at all, and the earrings were fixed on a bit of black plastic, not just squashed up together. Sometimes in the past it's been hard enough to see even if I'd got the earrings I ordered, let alone whether they matched or if I liked them. No problem at all this time. THANK YOU!

I also got this: http://www.gemstv.co.uk/DataSheet.jsp?productid=128258
It's very dark and very glittery and I like the way that all the beads are the same size. So it was a keeper anyway but just to make sure I wouldn't send it back, the crafty so-and-soes sent it to me in one of their lovely wooden necklace boxes :D

Lovely items hun, you must be pleased. I love them both, I am a big fan of amethyst. :1:

how lovely Pimms, my Mum was lucky enough to get a wooden necklace box a while ago with a strand of pastel coloured pearls.

:doggie:

Hiya Pimms

Very pleased to hear that you are delighted with your order from Gems.
They do seem to have some lovely Amethyst pieces, in quite an array of different colours and cuts.

I also admit to ...ahem....matching silver earrings with WG pendants etc but with similar gemstones and found it very economical.

Its also good news that they are now packaging earrings differently, there have been numerous posts on here in the past re. this issue and I think many folks even returned their over - bagged earrings in protest. I got a pair of silver ones once, which came with different gemstones (pearl and rose quartz, I think) and I counted up all the bags......all eleven of them! :11:

Anyway, just wanted to say...eventually.....that both your new pieces are very pretty and I can see that the earrings have very sizeable amethysts in them, bet they look gorgeous on.

Now I'm just sitting here imagining a large concave cut Paraiba Tourmaline in Caribbean blue....and no windowing........bliss!

GOEDE-MORGEN-KOFFIE.gif

Hi Pimms,

I've been looking at and wondering whether to but that yummy necklce myself. On telly it looks black until it catches the light. Super-doops.

Argey

well done on matching your stuff up. I do like pink amethyst.

as for having PT concave cut, given its inherent inclusions, I doubt they could do it without fracturing the stone and you also need an absolutely clean stone to start with - otherwise the light doesnt bounce properly. wonder if apatite would work...? can't say as I've ever seen it in that stone either.

well done on matching your stuff up. I do like pink amethyst.

as for having PT concave cut, given its inherent inclusions, I doubt they could do it without fracturing the stone and you also need an absolutely clean stone to start with - otherwise the light doesnt bounce properly. wonder if apatite would work...? can't say as I've ever seen it in that stone either.

I know that you're right about PT, but a girl can dream, can't she? :D

Perhaps apatite is just a bit too soft? It would look very pretty.

BTW - for the people who know this kind of thing - where is the line drawn between 'ordinary' amethyst and rose de france (with its Parisien chic!)? Some of Gems rose de f doesn't look that different from 'ordinary' amethyst' and some 'ordinary' amethyst, like my earrings, are definitely pinkish :confused:

And is pink amethyst (as sold by TJC) simply rose de f by another name? In a way it really doesn't matter, because if it's the colour you want then it is what it is - unless of course the price tag varies according to label :rolleyes:

Thanks for your kind comments, everyone :)

Hiya Pimms
I got a pair of silver ones once, which came with different gemstones (pearl and rose quartz, I think) and I counted up all the bags......all eleven of them! :11:

ELEVEN????!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bags of bags.....

Yep.......even the little bits of black paper had their own little bags.... as did each part of the earrings and then all placed in the large bag :mysmilie_738.gif:

Attachments

• PICT0099.jpg
    PICT0099.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 200
Hi all,

I've had two Rose de F. from Gems. The one in gold was a luvverly pink stone, and the one in silver just looked like poor colour amethyst.

Argey

Love the earrings and the necklace Pimms. Enjoy wearing them!!:1: Glad your earrings were decently packaged.

lovely! i have been getting more and more into amethyst recently and i am desperate to match up items so basically u r living my dreams lol

Latest posts

Back