Paul Brodel - a worry.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Seriously now, just watched the POTD hour and I am genuinely worried about old Paul the chef :( The man just wouldnt stop eating, he looks like he is 9 months pregnant and is just getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Someone who knows him and cares should really take him to one side and have a word, if not for the health of him, but for the sales for IW, I mean Paul looks soooo unhealthy and just the absolute opposite of what most of these products are trying to claim, ie healthier for you.

genuinely sad to see, and very worrying :(

I've got to say he looks no bigger to me than he did back on Shop! many moons ago.

You've got to remember that a good Chef is never slim...

Even his young prodigy 'Chef Joe' is packing a few excess pounds.

What's the saying? Never trust a skinny chef

His body, he can do what he wants to it.

As a one time chef I do know just how hard it is to control your weight, you are surrounded by food all day every day often for as long as 12 hours a day.
And then as a writer of cookery book's he will have to cook and taste every recipe dozens of time to get it just right.
Then you are working the most anti social hours known to man kind.
I remember working from 5.30 am till 9.30 for breakfast then 11.30 till 2.30 for lunch and then back again at 5.00 for the evening service which would end once the last customer had gone home.
So You get to eat your meals at the oddest times of the day and usually it is not a "healthy" choice as you eat what is left over from the meal you have just finished serving
I realize that Chef Paul wont be working this kind of schedule but he will still be working at very odd hours all of which messes with your metabolism making it very hard to lose weight. I should know!!
I am not defending his weight gain just trying to put it in to perspective.
Not only that but his size is a big part of his T.V persona and maybe he feels if he loses weight he will lose out on work.

I appreciate your thoughts, my first boyfriend however, was also a chef and in 4 years didnt gain an ounce, so its entirely possible. It is funny though, no one actually seems to care about his health! I bet if I popped up a thread on here about someones haircut there would be more comments :( and as for the lady who said "its his body".... yes it is, but shoot me for caring about the man! I didnt actually come on here calling him a bucket of lard or something, I was hoping that someone who works there would read this and actually have a quiet word, dont know why I bother sometimes :(

I appreciate your thoughts, my first boyfriend however, was also a chef and in 4 years didnt gain an ounce, so its entirely possible. It is funny though, no one actually seems to care about his health! I bet if I popped up a thread on here about someones haircut there would be more comments :( and as for the lady who said "its his body".... yes it is, but shoot me for caring about the man! I didnt actually come on here calling him a bucket of lard or something, I was hoping that someone who works there would read this and actually have a quiet word, dont know why I bother sometimes :(

I work with a few chefs and they're all thin. Being around food all day actually puts them off and I think they drink more than they eat.

Paul the chef looks like he has a 'beer belly'

I've seen the way he eats the crackling off the pork he's just cooked and he salivates.

He did lose weight a few years ago and was much slimmer but not for long.

Of course you are assuming he is a larger man because of food. I was skinny my whole life until I got Glandular fever [13 years ago] and a liver problem made my weight go up significantly. I have not been able to shift it ever since no matter what I have tried.

Many people assume I am just stuffing my face morning noon and night. I don't. I eat very little and quite balanced but because the media is saying we're all obese we are all tarred with the same brush.

Every time he is on he is enthusiastic and happy - I like that. He is the master of what he eats so leave him to it!

If he is a comfort eater (like me) a "quiet word" is more likely to send him off to the biccie box!!

He isnt an idiot.

Those of us who carry extra weight DO already know.........:pizza:

In my heavy days, nothing was more guaranteed to get me stuffing my face than someone trying to tell me to lose weight!!

Leave Paul alone! If he wants to be big then good for him! Let's leave the body fascism out of it! :flower:

Have a quiet word? He is old enough to make his own decisions in life...let him live his own life

I suspect a quiet word would provoke a loud answer "Mind Your Own Business!".

It is up to Paul whether he diets or not. I am a nurse and understand that there are health issues but weight alone is not the cause of all ailments. We all know what we should or should not be eating or doing and that there are health implications for our actions. There are far too many TV programmes these days picking on fatties, it seems to be open season!

Being thin doesn't make you live for ever, it just feels like it.

Inge x

Latest posts

Back